Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Let's play "Seek and Find"  (Read 1287 times)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Let's play "Seek and Find"
« on: March 25, 2017, 02:06:30 PM »

Picked this up today.  Full story to follow.  Try and identify what all is there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Let's play "Seek and Find"
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 02:11:46 PM »
Green SSP in mint condition
Corn N Tator
Spice Rack
Shish Kebab Ring (skewers?)
Elevated Half Grill
Charcoal Rails
Tool Hanger
Rib Rack
Wire Charcoal Basket(s)
?????????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Let's play "Seek and Find"
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 02:31:54 PM »
Damn, you just about killed that game right from the start.  No skewers for that kebab ring unfortunately.   Also in the pic is a roast rack

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 02:59:10 PM »
Black 22 otg
Roti ring
Summit with roti
2 other gassers

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 03:10:10 PM »

Picked this up today.  Full story to follow.  Try and identify what all is there.

evetything?

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 04:34:06 PM »

evetything?
Today was everything that Brewtown listed including the SSP, plus a weber roast rack.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 04:38:11 PM »
damn every vintage goodie on my list

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 06:01:47 PM »
Same as @Troy got  with the yellow... a bunch of shit.

Congrats, ya got a bunch of cool shit!!!

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 06:31:30 PM »
Black 22 otg
Roti ring
Summit with roti
2 other gassers

Heh, I seem to run into that problem when taking pics of things in my back yard and drive way.  Everywhere you turn, there's a Weber.    Your list is pretty close.   The Gasser with the roti basket on top is a Genny Gold B.    To the left of the Genny is the side burner and condiment rack of a Summit 650 (pre 2000).   The thing in front of the Summit is a beverage cart of some unknown manufacture.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 07:01:09 PM »
Same as @Troy got  with the yellow... a bunch of shit.

Congrats, ya got a bunch of cool shit!!!

Thanks.  It's kind of funny (and now, the rest of the story).

I ran across a listing for this grill on Letgo.   The listing said that the grill came with 1 1/2 bags of charcoal and some accessories.  Whoop whoop.  More stale charcoal and some throw away grill tools!!       Being new to Letgo, I didn't realize that it was about an hour or so away from me.   I messaged the seller and we talked about what he would take for the grill.  I then noticed how far away it was and I messaged the seller again to apologize and tell him that I really didn't want to drive that far.   He replied back telling me that he would meet me at a place about 20 mins from my house.   Hmmm, now I was interested to the point that I took a closer look at the photo. 

Oh, duh, don't know how I missed that!  It has freaking kebab and CnT rings!!  OK, I just might have to make the drive.  But, do I really need another SSP ?  Do I want to spend the money on it ?  I mean, I have a Gen2 that I basically gave to my brother.   Haven't used it in a year or so.  I also have a black SSP that I left out at my Aunt's farm for use on our camp outs.   Bought a Gen4 at an auction for cheap and gave it to one of my uncles.   So, I message the seller one more time thanking him and telling him that I will need to think about it.

Yesterday, I went back to the ad and was swiping around trying to enlarge the photo when instead, another photo popped up.

Oh, cool!  another photo.   Meh, ok, doesn't show that much more than before.  Yeah, the grate is a little rusty.  No biggie.  But then I notice the three damned dots up on the left and how the middle one is white.   Ah, I get it now.   I swipe up and see a third photo.

I immediately fired off another message to the seller thanking him again for taking the time to talk to me the other day, telling him that I did indeed want the grill and asked if he was still willing to meet me at the same spot.   A couple of minutes later, he replied back and we set up the meet for today.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:02:52 PM by demosthenes9 »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 07:06:15 PM »
Damn, that's a friggin' score!!!!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 03:44:49 AM »
I Love the condiment rack.  Very very useful on a stand alone kettle to hold remote thermometers and such.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM