Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Commercial Prop  (Read 4099 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: Commercial Prop
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 06:05:29 AM »
It must've not been a Weber commercial cuz they covered up the Weber logos on the handles

Everything is an ad these days. Product placement is big biz. When I worked for Caterpillar, production companies would sell air time by the second when our logo was visible on the set - even in the background. You might see a Cat machine with the logo in one shot, then it's taped over the next time it shows up. If you forget and leave a logo visible, you might get a bill from the production company, or have to use CGA to blur it after the fact. I worked on the project when OCC did the Cat Chopper. It often seemed like building the bike was the last thing on anyone's mind. It was all about the sponsors. Still fun to see how it all worked, and I did get to spend time with the Pauls in their original shop before they went all Hollywood and it all went South. If you get the episode, you might see me in the background in a couple scenes. I never rode the final bikes (they made two copies) but I did get to sit on it and rev it up in the shop. Good times.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:25:04 AM by 56MPG »
Retired

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 05:18:55 PM »
Nice score! 26ers do everything well.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Commercial Prop
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 05:32:52 PM »
@56MPG that's one cool bike. I must not have seen that episode.

It's funny to me that they would have chosen a 26er for a non weber commercial.

"Cut!  We need more grill. Someone find me a bigger one. "

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 11:17:59 PM »
@56MPG that's one cool bike. I must not have seen that episode.

It's funny to me that they would have chosen a 26er for a non weber commercial.

"Cut!  We need more grill. Someone find me a bigger one. "

Yup, I asked the guy about that.  He wasn't aware of a smaller size. 
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Commercial Prop
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 12:13:24 AM »
Right on.

How can I put this in the most polite and respectful way... I am Canadian after all.

You just bought a practically brand new 26"er for $75bucks!!!!!!   You suck.

I got one with a welded top handle for 90 bucks. Do I suck too? !!!!! It seems you like throwing a little temper tantrum when someone gets a good deal. I don't get it and I am Canadian too.
Take a chill pill, dude.  He's just joking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:19:10 AM by Travis »

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 05:26:41 AM »
I know this is a bit off topic, but here's a screen shot from a Velveeta ad! I wonder who ended up with that prop.

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 04:29:56 PM »
Right on.

How can I put this in the most polite and respectful way... I am Canadian after all.

I got one with a welded top handle for 90 bucks. Do I suck too? !!!!! It seems you like throwing a little temper tantrum when someone gets a good deal. I don't get it and I am Canadian too.
Chill @MrHoss ,  I was kidding around.  But, now that you bring it up; Yes! You suck too!  But in the nicest Canadian way, only because I can't find a deal that good.

Also, @MINIgrillin  sucks, because  he got one for a hundred bucks.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I promise here and now, if I ever get a 26"... I will post here that "I Darko suck!; because I have a 26"er as well!!!"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 07:02:38 AM »
@Darko - wow. Are you stuck at 11 years old, really drunk or both?
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 07:50:27 AM »

My guess …. All three .   ??? >:( ;D ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 08:15:20 AM »
Hey look!  All my favorite Canadian Grillfellas together posting one after another.  Saying Hello to you all. :) :) ;) ;D ;D

All you 3 Canadian guys are what make this forum lively and entertaining. As long as we don't cross the line and do respect others..... we are all good.

Did I get off the topic too.  Must be the Canadian thing.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2017, 08:48:25 AM »
It must've not been a Weber commercial cuz they covered up the Weber logos on the handles

Everything is an ad these days. Product placement is big biz. When I worked for Caterpillar, production companies would sell air time by the second when our logo was visible on the set - even in the background. You might see a Cat machine with the logo in one shot, then it's taped over the next time it shows up. If you forget and leave a logo visible, you might get a bill from the production company, or have to use CGA to blur it after the fact. I worked on the project when OCC did the Cat Chopper. It often seemed like building the bike was the last thing on anyone's mind. It was all about the sponsors. Still fun to see how it all worked, and I did get to spend time with the Pauls in their original shop before they went all Hollywood and it all went South. If you get the episode, you might see me in the background in a couple scenes. I never rode the final bikes (they made two copies) but I did get to sit on it and rev it up in the shop. Good times.

Great story!  Love the bike and that color is so retro cool.  It would be so cool to have that colored kettle.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2017, 10:11:32 AM »
Right on.

Chill @MrHoss ,  I was kidding around.  But, now that you bring it up; Yes! You suck too!  But in the nicest Canadian way, only because I can't find a deal that good.

Also, @MINIgrillin  sucks, because  he got one for a hundred bucks.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I promise here and now, if I ever get a 26"... I will post here that "I Darko suck!; because I have a 26"er as well!!!"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I suck the teat of the weber God.

And for the record I got 1.75 grills for $100
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 10:31:57 AM »

Seemed like a purely innocent Aahhh man you got a great deal? Are you trying to be comically ironic Hoss?

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2017, 11:07:43 PM »
awesome score !!!!!!!!!!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »

My guess …. All three .   ??? >:( ;D ;) ;)
What's the third one? ;)