Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Weberrific weekend.  (Read 2947 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
My Weberrific weekend.
« on: January 30, 2017, 07:11:01 AM »
Not sure if Weberrific is a word, but just roll with it, ok?
This box had been sitting in my garage all week, and after accounting for all the contents, I deliberately left it in this state until I had time over the weekend to really give it my undivided attention.  It was quite an exercise in restraint, let me tell you.

I'll admit my Weberitis is pretty bad since I plan what little free time I have left in the week around grills; whether it's cooking on them, cleaning them, or acquiring them.  My wife calls it my affair... which is a pretty fair assessment.  So here's the newest addition to the harem, a 76'/77' black MBH in really great shape.
If you've never tried using an automotive clay bar, I recommend it.  The following pics start with a freshly wiped lid, and you'll see how much crap the clay bar pulls off the surface.  That's just half the lid, the other half:And then I discovered I was using Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish all wrong; the terry towel to apply really made a difference (I think I incorrectly used microfiber before).So friggin effective I could see my reflection in the rivet.Socializing.The peel.Got to work on the ash pan after letting it soak overnight. 
Not quite finished, but as you can see it's in really good shape and still very dark black.  Quite a stark contrast to the few really cool faded MBHs that have popped up recently. 
It was also a Weberrific weekend because I successfully added a lid bale to my blue 22" OTG Midget, and I didn't fuck anything up, whoa... amazing.  When I applied the midget mod to this "L" code, I used two pairs of 8" wheels, and the only drawback was the lid hanging by the hook always came into contact with the wheels.  No bueno.  You can sort of see how the lid precariously touches the over-sized wheels in the back.  I was finally able to salvage the lid bale parts from a donor and apply the solution here.
The last part of my Weberrific weekend was the tastiest, ribs for Sunday dinner!!
Well, hope you all had a grate weekend too, thanks for looking. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:06:12 AM by Mr.CPHo »

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: My Weberrific weekend.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 07:25:48 AM »
YES!  YES!  YES!!!!!!!!!  Great on all levels....write up, cleanup, midget lid fix.  Very well done!!!!!  I wondering, could you reverse the inner wheels on the midget so the fancier side is visible?
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 07:26:24 AM »
AWESOME job on your black!! Looks beautiful. And I've been in love with that midget for a while now, but with that bail set-up, DAMN, and I thought I was done looking for kettles...LOL
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 07:54:22 AM »
Great job, man! The peel on that black is crazy! And, love the lid bale on the midget. That IS a weberrific weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 08:03:26 AM »
That is truly Weberiffic!  That term should be added to our glossary.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 08:07:13 AM »
Looks like a pretty sweet weekend.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 08:08:48 AM »
Looks like a great weekend to me.  Your black MBH is in amazing shape, nice work cleaning it up.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 08:28:03 AM »
Very nice indeed

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 08:35:33 AM »

could you reverse the inner wheels on the midget so the fancier side is visible?
Hm, I couldn't with the 6" wheels, but maybe I could with the 8" wheels... hmmmm[emoji848]

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 09:36:31 AM »
Wowzers looks cool. Awesome 77

Webers rule

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 10:00:25 AM »
Almost brand new MBH. Nice presentation on clean up. You do great job on cooks and now with your kettle scores and clean ups.

Congrats on your another great score.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 10:01:49 AM »
Wowzers!  Every time I see one of your little squat mini builds I think how cool they look.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 10:10:04 AM »
How u clean the ash dish. U soaked it in vinegar?

Webers rule

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 10:30:42 AM »

How u clean the ash dish. U soaked it in vinegar?

I soaked the ash pan in warm soapy water overnight, used steel wool in the morning, and then Mothers polish (I'm an idiot for never reading instructions). 

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 10:31:35 AM »
That is an awesome weekend. Love the mbh and the midget.  Adding lid bales is fun and functional. Looked like a satisfying weekend for sure.