Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What's your daily driver?  (Read 5366 times)

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
What's your daily driver?
« on: January 04, 2017, 05:49:53 PM »
Some of us here (not me) have quite a collection of kettles. How do you choose which kettle to cook on? Which of your kettles get the most use? My almost daily driver, about three times a week, is my 18.5 inch Samuel Adams. I choose this often because most of my cooks are just for myself, wife, and two kids and 18.5 is the perfect size for us.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Re: What's your daily driver?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 06:11:36 PM »
I've been using my holiday colored kettles the last cpl months along with my 26er. Green MT has my gourmet grate, the Slow n Sear has been bouncing between the RedMist MT and the 26. The 18.5 OTP get the small cooks and the occasional sides. The Red MBH had been used for a few breakfasts using the vintage griddle.

8)
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 06:14:19 PM »
A pair of 18 OTG's here. One as a chimney station and one to cook. Perfect.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 06:18:02 PM »
26 gets used all the time in the summer. 22 ots has been getting used more now that it's colder out (heats up quicker). 26 and wsm for low and slow. Redhead makes guest appearances occasionally. Short 18 gets used for sides and travel. Overall the  modern 26 and the 22 ots do most of the cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 06:30:30 PM »
My daily driver is my Crimson Performer. Sometimes I'll roll out the DE black OTG or the P red MT. MT has been in the garage. Got the old sweeps cut off, stock ring attached with hose clamps, waiting on sweeps, she will get a quick razor scrape and thrown back in the rotation. Someday I'll get an 18 for the smaller cooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 07:05:53 PM »
I've been using my holiday colored kettles the last cpl months along with my 26er. Green MT has my gourmet grate, the Slow n Sear has been bouncing between the RedMist MT and the 26. The 18.5 OTP get the small cooks and the occasional sides. The Red MBH had been used for a few breakfasts using the vintage griddle.

8)

Love the Holiday lineup!
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »
My first and second kettles I bought early this year.   Green Master touch and my gen3 Performer. 5 other kettles outside gets used as well.   This may change as I have many other unused kettles including C&B Lime and Blue performers waiting in the basement to go this year.

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 08:01:58 PM »
Dark Green 2010 Performer used almost daily. The side table, gas assist, make it so nice to work with. I have 3 performers, 3 22' kettles, 1 18" kettle, 2 Smokey Joes, 1 Jumbo joe, 1 Weber Firepit and a 22" WSM. And a $800 Saber gas grill new that was gave to me that I only used 2 times in the last year and a half.

I used a Smokey Joe to roast some tomatoes and onions for salsa last week.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 08:35:31 PM »
2015 Performer
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

ECinEI

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 01:00:03 AM »
My daily driver is not a kettle but my rehabbed Genesis Silver B  (I know, I know, you asked about kettles!).  I have a Gen 2 C&B Performer I use for pulled pork and rotisserie work as well as an occasional  pizza.  I also have a late 90's Redhead I use to smoke cheese and mac and cheese.  Both kettles have fancy zavod handles.  That's all the grills I have.   Not to make any enemies, but I frankly don't get the grill "collecting" thing. But then again, I used to have a little watch and automotive literature problem...

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 01:40:24 AM »
My trusty black 22 OTG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 02:34:09 AM »
My SSP.  That thing is just so dang handy I use it most of the time.  If I'm cooking something really messy, I just use the 22 inch kettle.  I have an 18 inch kettle but never use it because it just isn't large enough for my needs.

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 03:48:47 AM »
My go to is my first kettle. 22.5 OTG Black. 
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 04:31:17 AM »
My daily driver is my Modded SSP..love it.
I usually have a 2nd kettle going, and in that case, it depends on my mood.

einrej

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 04:51:12 AM »
My daily driver

been using this since 1981

Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker