Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sooooo, what grill related stuff did everyone get?  (Read 5578 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Re: Sooooo, what grill related stuff did everyone get?
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2016, 05:04:57 AM »
Santa brought me another Tip Top Temp, Bill Gillespies WSM Cooker cookbook.  My SS delivered the Rib Rack, Plowboys Yard-Bird and a TTT.

I must say... I used the TTT from my SS to smoke up a nice 17 pound turkey.  it worked flawlessly!!!  I was surprised that with the TTT controlling the airflow and the Maverick to monitor grill temps was spot on!!!    I was able to confirm that the Lid Thermometer is DEAD ON on my Copper Top... 

I had three grills going Xmas eve morning.  Turkey chugging along nicely and the others were doing up 10 pounds of wings.  One 5 pound batch with plow-boys Yard-bird rub (AMAZING BTW)!!! with Pecan and the other with simple SPG and Hickory.  All turned out perfect.

On Xmas day, I did up a 8 pound pork butt on the 22 SSP blackie, rubbed up with McCormick's Brown sugar Bourbon rub with Apple wood.  8.5 hours and IT was at 205.  Totally surprised it didn't stall!!!  Wrapped and coolered for two hours pulled it for sammiches and it was Juicy, tender and simply amazing!!

More to come this weekend!!  Doing up a chuckie for New Years eve!!!   

Grill on Bro's... Grill on!!!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:10:10 AM by jeffrackmo »
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

jdefran

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2016, 05:08:21 AM »
@captjoe06 I received those baskets for Christmas, but have yet to use them. The Weber ones feel like a child's toy compared to these puppies.

For gifts: aforementioned baskets, Meathead's book, and new cover for WSM (stock one didn't fit after adding hinge). I may still need to buy myself a knife I have been jonesing for, https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Chai-Dao-Knife-7/dp/B00ANXPDVU

bigdaddyII

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2016, 05:11:30 AM »
My younger brother bought me a Thermopro TP-20, my girlfriend a vortex and a personalized serving plate. I'm yet to use the vortex and the plate as I received them Christmas evening. The thermometer was used during the turkey breast smoking for Christmas lunch.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2016, 05:26:17 AM »
No Weber stuff from the family because I usually just pick up what I want when I find deals.  But I did get some good cooking / grilling related stuff that I was wanting.
- Boning knife
- Electric slicer
- Winter cap with built in LED lights for nighttime grilling.  My daughter found this for me. Didn't even know it existed, but it's pretty sweet.

A couple of things I picked up for myself just before the holidays.
- Onlyfire 22" rotisserie
- Ribolator with adjustable shelves
- Thermoworks Smoke temp gauge

Psyched about the Onlyfire rotisserie.  They just introduced a new design which fits perfectly over the kettle (previous had big gaps) and also sits perfectly on top of my Smoke EZ.  I'll take pics when I get around to doing a good cook on them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:09:35 AM by mcgolden »

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2016, 06:05:24 AM »
I  rc'd a couple Raichlen books, Planet BBQ and Sauces, Rubs and Marinades as well as the Weber book Charcoal Grilling. I also got a big bag of Weber Pecan wood chunks. Just before Christmas I gifted myself a Christmas/Birthday present of a new 9pc. set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives.
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

jdefran

• WKC Brave
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2016, 07:39:30 AM »
Nice choice of knives @Scott Zee

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2016, 09:37:07 AM »
Zilch, nada, bubkis, squat, the null set!
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

VAis4BBQers

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2016, 09:45:15 AM »
I was lucky enough to get two books. A grilled pizza book and a rubs, marinades, and injections book. A Weber Wok, Weber rotisserie kit, and Kettle pizza kit. And an iGrill mini thermometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crate n Barrel Grass Green - Target Copper - Blue OTG - 14 & 18 WSM

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2016, 09:52:18 AM »

The wife knows me so well

Oh wow - aren't you glad to know that's for food preparation?  If I ever see the doctor or dentist come at me with anything like that, I'm bolting as fast as my two legs can carry me!

I didn't receive anything for Christmas but bought myself an Ivory Master Touch and a pair of Weber's take on bear claws at a Boxing Day sale yesterday.

johncorvin

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2016, 11:45:52 AM »

The wife knows me so well
Wow! What kind of injector is this?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »

I got an igrill2.

She got a lime green. I think it's special edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2016, 03:09:52 PM »
Bourbon.
Still need a 22” yellow

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2016, 10:13:19 AM »
Weber items.

Non Weber items.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2016, 10:56:27 AM »
Finally, I pulled the trigger on a wok. Been lusting after one for sometime, here we go. Got it here: https://www.wokshop.com/newstore/product/wok-two-steel-handles

I got the 18" one, which will fit nicely in the Weber gourmet grill. Did not make it here before Christmas.  :(  I also ordered the ring for inside use on the stove, and flax seed oil to season
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »
My youngest received this

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Made @webergrills Instagram page-
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOk8QHmD8By/

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM