Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is your 26 Ash Pan missing?  (Read 5016 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Is your 26 Ash Pan missing?
« on: November 26, 2016, 04:11:34 AM »
I know a lot of you have the old 26ers that are missing the ash pan with the leg cutouts...no, I don't have one, but I may have an option if you're not concerned necessarily about being period correct.

I recently completed a quick rehab of an old flat top my neighbor picked up.  Naturally the ash pan was missing.
I ordered a replacement pan from Weber for a 90's, 26" style One Touch.  The part number is 60601.  You'll need the clips to hold it up on the legs.  It doesn't have the cutouts for legs, but still works fine and sits nice under all 3 vents.  It has a slight rolled lip.

Here's a pic of my rehab with the new pan.   I really like the patina this one has.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:26:18 AM by Jeff »
Kettle collector AND cooker!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Is your 26 Ash Pan missing?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 04:17:36 AM »
That's a beauty! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 04:30:52 AM »
That turned out real nice, Jeff.
I wondered if those would work before harris92 offered one to me. The ashes stay in the pan and not the outer edge and fall off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 04:38:20 AM »
That turned out real nice, Jeff.
I wondered if those would work before harris92 offered one to me. The ashes stay in the pan and not the outer edge and fall off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...the pan completely covers the entire area under the 3 daisy wheel vents.  This 26" pan has a much larger diameter than a 22" pan.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 05:01:24 AM »
Wow, that's a beautiful grill!
I also love the patina, I'm so waiting for something like that to show up around me
Also, looks like you got a new handle on there, this is one sharp looking grill!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 05:46:31 AM »
That's a great looking grill!  I've thought about this ash pan as well, but my question looking at it is the wheels.  Did you restore those, because if so, wow!  If not, where did you get wheels like that?  Either way, beautiful 26er!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 06:23:05 AM »
That weathered lid looks beauty Jeff.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 07:05:49 AM »
Nice Restore @Jeff How's the grate? That cooker has another decade or two left in it for sure.
Retired

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 07:29:40 AM »
That's a great looking grill!  I've thought about this ash pan as well, but my question looking at it is the wheels.  Did you restore those, because if so, wow!  If not, where did you get wheels like that?  Either way, beautiful 26er!
@crowderjd , I did those wheels myself. Masked off the white wall, and resprayed it.  Polished the legs and vents too.  And what would a proper restore be without one of Brian's handles? Incomplete!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 07:32:21 AM »
Nice Restore @Jeff How's the grate? That cooker has another decade or two left in it for sure.

@56MPG    Both grates are WELL used, but still have some time left.  I was hoping to find one of those new Grillmark cooking grates for a 26...but they are long gone from stores. 

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 08:09:19 AM »
Just had to come back and look........I like that better than a brand new 26er.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 05:24:51 PM »
I keep coming back too...

Got a pic from before the restore?
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Cellar2ful

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 06:39:00 PM »

Those wheels and legs look amazing @Jeff. They look brand new.

You following this thread @Vwbuggin64? Your going to need a ash pan for ZZ top.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 07:11:03 PM »

Those wheels and legs look amazing @Jeff. They look brand new.

You following this thread @Vwbuggin64? Your going to need a ash pan for ZZ top.

@Cellar2ful following this now like a mad man... I'll have to order one when zz comes and meets the family.
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 07:48:56 PM »
@Hell Fire Grill

This restore was pretty typical, unfortunately I didn't get to many before pics.  I spent about 5 hours on it total.
It was missing one lower daisy wheel vent.  I replaced it with a newer style large tabbed one you'd find on the mid to late 70's grill.  The other two were black.  I sanded them down and polished them.  The legs were heavily oxidized.  Sanded em with 220 grit, followed by 0000 steel wool and Dawn.  Triangle was pretty rough, but luckily salvageable.  Most of it polished up decent, but the typical areas with extra rust took any bit of chrome off long ago.
Wheels cleaned and scrubbed, masked and shot new white walls.  Polished the top vent to a mirror like finish, and added a front leg cap.  Also had to reattach the rear bowl handle.  Last but not least, one of Brian's awesome handles.

Before pic.  The patina almost looks like it just belongs on this one. 

After

« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:50:39 PM by Jeff »