Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Show us your Thanksgiving lineup  (Read 6766 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Show us your Thanksgiving lineup
« on: November 23, 2016, 04:33:34 PM »
I have gone back and forth, do I cook the bird on the Kamado or Roto all week long?

Well, do to the awful weather in Michigan, I have no plans on going outside on multiple occasions.

So I am moving my performer and Green master-touch in the Garage in the morning, I will post pics but do you all plan this stuff out like I do?
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Show us your Thanksgiving lineup
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 04:35:32 PM »
Yes. I can't imagine tackling this without some kind of game plan. Good luck to you on the cook. Go Bucks! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 04:39:59 PM »
Hope you all have a happy thanksgiving!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »
Your turkey fits on the Kamado?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 05:48:12 PM »
I moved into my garage too.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:35:19 PM by Hell Fire Grill »
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 05:50:42 PM »
I have my setup in the garage too.
Planning on spinning a 20 pounder on the rotisserie with a dry rub on/in it.😊 going to roll it outside before lighting though. Should be 39 here tomorrow. Not too cold.

searching for 2 18" straight lip twist ash pans.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:52:46 PM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 05:56:16 PM »
...do you all plan this stuff out like I do?

I plan most of my cooks ahead of time for sure, especially on the holidays. Lots of details to consider! The turkey is soaking it up right now, prepping for the rotisserie... ;D

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 06:38:33 PM »
I have an old family tradition, dates back to the mid 80's of frying turkeys. Dad learned from a True Cajun and passed his tricks on to me.
Last year I spun a turkey breast on the roti to go along with the fried, and it was barely touched.
This year I am only frying.
2 birds, but the family tells me it's tradition and that's what they want. I'll be channeling my Dad tomorrow and frying in his memory,  even bought a 6 pack of Busch to make me feel more. authentic.
Happy Thanksgiving WKC!
Safe travels and happy times to all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 06:43:22 PM »
Tomorrow we'll be going to my moms house for dinner, good news is I bought 2 turkeys the other day and I'm planning on putting 1 on the spit rod this weekend for a roll in the coal... you guys got me really wanting to try it now.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 07:13:51 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 07:24:26 PM »
I've got two birds going on tomorrow. Both are about 12lbs. The first I deboned tonight and it'll get stuffed with an apple, cranberry, and sausage stuffing and tied up. The second is going on the roti. The deboned will surely take less time, but it shouldn't be too much less because both are nice and small. Cheers!
Growing family = growing kettles!

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 07:25:54 PM »
nothing too fancy. 11lb bird that i injected and rubbed tonight. will go on the 18.5 wsm with pitmaster iq110 at 325. foiled over water pan with foil balls inside(for heat sink) using kbb for heat and a couple pecan chunks early in the cook for smoke flavor. should be done in under 3 hrs. then wrapped in foil, and surrounded by towels in a cooler for the 30ish min trip to mil's house whereupon it'll be deconstructed and served.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 12:52:17 AM »
We're eating at my sister's joint, two doors down.  Dropped off the Simpson's 22 yesterday and picked up a couple 6.5 lb Rib Roasts. Not a big turkey fan and figure it'll be fun to cook two decent sized roasts on a simple 22.  Might just shut some of the "Why do you need so many grills" folk up.
Plan is slather with evoo, then coat with Montreal Steak seasoning. Smoke using the snake method cherry and apple for wood.

Here are the subjects-

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 01:17:22 AM »
Them's two nice Tyurkeys!

Slicer021

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 02:04:08 AM »
I am cooking for 1st ever shoulder on the kettle. Not getting started as I hoped because I have been sick for a couple days now and was unable to get up to get my 11lb shoulder on when I wanted. Now I only have 8 hours to cook it but sure I can salvage that. Happy Thanksgiving WKC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk