Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: iGRILL2 info  (Read 3121 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
iGRILL2 info
« on: November 11, 2016, 05:08:02 AM »
Morning fella's. I am looking for information on this product. Does anyone have one or have used one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
Re: iGRILL2 info
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:20:28 AM »
I have one and I can use 4 probes. It connects by Bluetooth to an iDevice (iPhone or iPad) and although people have complained about the bluetooth range, I have had good success with it and use it fairly frequently on my low & slow cooks. I love the fact that it can monitor 4 probes, so 1 Pit temperature and 3 meat temperatures.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 05:27:41 AM »
I have one and I can use 4 probes. It connects by Bluetooth to an iDevice (iPhone or iPad) and although people have complained about the bluetooth range, I have had good success with it and use it fairly frequently on my low & slow cooks. I love the fact that it can monitor 4 probes, so 1 Pit temperature and 3 meat temperatures.
Have you had any issues with the probes?

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 05:58:42 AM »
Pros:
-Bluetooth / phone app
-Well made
-No probe issues / clean easily
-"Unobstructed" range

Cons:
-If prepping other food while using, you need to wash hands before checking phone app, since the temp display isn't on the counter (like Maverick units)
-"Obstructed" range
-iGrill probes are fairly expensive (additional/replacements), unless you go with unbranded ones.

I'd wait for a deal if possible. I grabbed mine off Groupon (WKC member posted), a while back, using an additional $25off promo.  Came out to under 50% of retail price, so I snagged a pit probe + extra meat probe with the savings.

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 06:29:11 AM »
I had the first version I think?  I got it as a gift and only used it a couple times before it quit working.  Mine did not have a display so the only way you could read the temp was on your phone.  I didn't like that but I think the one your looking at displays the temp on the device as well so that's good.

I can't remember if I had left mine outside or what but it was probably my fault why it broke.  Personally I didn't care for having the phone involved.

With that said, I didn't have enough time with it to give an adequate review.

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 06:42:48 AM »
I have this. It works good for me. I link it to my in-wall iPad inside my house. It's nice to monitor a cook without having to go outside. I was curious the other night and I tested all my probes for accuracy (boiling water test) and they were within 2*. So pretty confident on the accuracy. For the most part, I only break it out when using the WSM. The new Weber app is kinda funky. I prefer the old app, but it won't work anymore.

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 07:24:16 AM »
I really like mine. Never had any problems with it. The probes have held up very well for me. I also like that it's magnetic so I don't have to worry about knocking it off the table and breaking. I've read a few people get them at sams club and they come with four probes instead of two. And I think it's maby $79.99 instead of $99.99

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 09:41:13 AM »
Pros:
-Bluetooth / phone app
-Well made
-No probe issues / clean easily
-"Unobstructed" range

Cons:
-If prepping other food while using, you need to wash hands before checking phone app, since the temp display isn't on the counter (like Maverick units)
-"Obstructed" range
-iGrill probes are fairly expensive (additional/replacements), unless you go with unbranded ones.

I'd wait for a deal if possible. I grabbed mine off Groupon (WKC member posted), a while back, using an additional $25off promo.  Came out to under 50% of retail price, so I snagged a pit probe + extra meat probe with the savings.

The iGrill2 is great.

It does show temp on the unit itself which can be placed on the counter.  You can cycle through all 4 temp probes by pressing the arrows.

The iGrill mini is the one that does not have a display on the unit and you have to depend on your phone to read.  The mini only has 1 probe as opposed to 4 on the iGrill2.

I bought my iGrill2 for $89 with 4 probes.

Great deal especially since iGrill app give you preset temps, customization features, bluetooth, alarms and recipes.

Ive never had any issues with the range. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:46:38 AM by mrgoodbar67 »
-Custom SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44, and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 09:56:31 AM »
It does show temp on the unit itself which can be placed on the counter.  You can cycle through all 4 temp probes by pressing the arrows.
Putting an iGrill display on the counter seems dangerous. Using the 3' leads would mean that the smoker/grill would be indoors[emoji91].  Does have nice, legible from a distance display so you can peak at temps when passing nearby.
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 10:31:41 AM »
Have you had any issues with the probes?

The probes are fairly well built. I've had zero issues with them. I mostly use them when cooking on my Big Green Egg and route them along the edges over the legs of the platesetter. Being careful and not exposing them to high heat and any liquids can make these probes last a long time.

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »
Putting an iGrill display on the counter seems dangerous. Using the 3' leads would mean that the smoker/grill would be indoors[emoji91].  Does have nice, legible from a distance display so you can peak at temps when passing nearby.

i didnt mean the kitchen counter.  OOPS.

Meant the side table, or smiliar next to the grill.  I have a performer so I have somewhere to place the unit. and that fact that its magnetic is extra plus for me.
-Custom SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44, and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 12:08:45 PM »
I had trouble with my mini after the new app came out. I didnt follow the instructions and deleted the old iDevices app. No workie without it.  The new app is great.  Im really stuck between an iGrill2 or the new TW Smoke.
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 12:49:57 PM »
Have one and it's works great. Use it couple times a week for last 7 months and never any issues at all.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 04:49:08 PM »
Thankyou for the help, gentlemen.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 05:35:37 PM »
Can anyone compare and contrast this with the Maverick?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.