Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: N code redhead pickup  (Read 2799 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Re: N code redhead pickup
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2016, 06:26:40 AM »
@Travis  I picked up my Jimmy Dean SJ on OfferUp.  Yes, you are right.  Not much traffic but when there is...
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2016, 07:49:57 AM »
@jeffrackmo  and @Travis I have been tracking a redhead MBH on OfferUp for about 2 weeks.....made an offer and can't seem to get the seller to respond.  This was my first attempt at using that system.  It seems like there are listings that have been on there for months.  Is it typical to get deadends like that on OfferUp or LetGo?  At least with CL the listing will expire.

Whit

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2016, 07:59:39 AM »
@cwmfour  I almost bet it sold and the seller didn't follow up.  I ran across that a few times myself.  I just give up and move on.   So far I have never heard of a deadline or expiration of either Letgo or OfferUP...

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 08:00:20 AM »
@cwmfour
I tell ya man, I don't know squat about Let go or Offer up.
I contacted this seller and got an immediate response. I don't know if the site takes old stuff down or what. One would think that the seller would get notifications about people contacting them.
Good luck with it, brother.
@jeffrackmo might have better insight for you

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
N code redhead pickup
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2016, 08:36:33 AM »
That happens on all three. You almost always here back same day if something is available. I did have one ignore me for a low offer apparently. Offered 30 when it was listed for 50. It was my redhead so I sent a message a couple weeks later to see if it was available and they said yes but not for 30. I ended up paying 45. Not sure why they didn't counter but we are dealing with people not machines. Your response will only be as reliable as the person on the other end regardless of platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2016, 11:14:22 AM »
Very nice restore! Looks great.
May The Smoke Be With You!