Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Arrival of MT(s) to the stable  (Read 6088 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Arrival of MT(s) to the stable
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »
 Bravo Travis! Teach me oh wise one. My wife is slowly coming around also. She mentioned my "16" kettles in the garage. I said it's only 5 babe but one day...we will have 16. No pushback.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 06:07:33 PM »
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji41]

Edit - I just showed my bride this thread, my original response, then yours along with the picture. She at first says " don't get any ideas", then after I show her your storage picture with explanation of ages of a few of them she says " those are pretty!" I give her a kiss... Got her [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Travis ,Just remember, Rome was't built in a day. Don't spend stupid money, this was done on a very frugal budget.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 06:18:57 PM »

Edit - I just showed my bride this thread, my original response, then yours along with the picture. She at first says " don't get any ideas", then after I show her your storage picture with explanation of ages of a few of them she says " those are pretty!" I give her a kiss... Got her [emoji41]

@Travis ,Just remember, Rome was't built in a day. Don't spend stupid money, this was done on a very frugal budget.
Agreed and Great point. I don't have much of a budget anyways. I've got kids[emoji857][emoji857]

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 06:22:35 PM »
I'm jealous... not of the grills, but of your ability to multi-task AND score all of those beauties!  Those are hellacious lineups!
Uncommon sense seeker

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 06:42:38 PM »
@OGlenn , Great to hear from you. You know how it goes. Family first, hobby and sometimes things just happen... ^Spike^ and Kettle Karma! You get it ;)

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 06:43:38 PM »
Great clean up!   Love the video of the tree dropping...  LOL
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 06:52:36 PM »
Great clean up!   Love the video of the tree dropping...  LOL

Good thing the it had a sharp blade ;)!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 07:32:22 PM »

I am in agreement with you Greg. The old MT profile with the thermometer housing and thermometer is my favorite.  Both my go to cookers are MT's. That blue is just stunning. Bravo!

@Travis @kettlebb - Best way to get your wife on board is to find the color of a kettle she really likes and hunt one down for her.  Once she has a kettle that you present as "hers", it will be all good from then on.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:39:00 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 01:48:50 AM »
Well, being a newer fella here, I gotta say that this is the type of collection I'm striving for. Very nice man. I'm gonna start building some shelves...

@ Travis, be careful what you say, they don't all fit... Pole barn would be better :o
You don't see some, to big for shelves and the MT's need to be added.

i really dig the gray one next to the brownie.  Is the official color "Grey" or something else?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 03:40:23 AM »
One of the best collections my friend! Keep it up.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 04:19:58 AM »
Well, being a newer fella here, I gotta say that this is the type of collection I'm striving for. Very nice man. I'm gonna start building some shelves...

@ Travis, be careful what you say, they don't all fit... Pole barn would be better :o
You don't see some, to big for shelves and the MT's need to be added.

i really dig the gray one next to the brownie.  Is the official color "Grey" or something else?

@captjoe06 , Yes it is an official color. I believe they were limited release 90-92. Like the Crate & Barrels of today.

blieb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 05:24:21 AM »
So fine!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokers:    WSM 22" | WSM 14.5"
Performers: Plum SS  | Red Fade SS

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 05:38:47 AM »
Gray kettle caught my eyes too among all those beautiful other kettles.   It looks like it was converted to a OTG. 

There was a Gray Master Touch for $20  on Cl forever in Chicago land couple of weeks ago. I wanted but no go.  Like to find out who got it.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 05:42:06 AM »

Agreed and Great point. I don't have much of a budget anyways. I've got kids[emoji857][emoji857]

Same here Travis. On CL grills I have yet to spend over $50. If I can't get it for that price then I'll cut myself off. We had our first ultrasound today. The second kiddo is coming in May.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 05:59:08 AM »
Gray kettle caught my eyes too among all those beautiful other kettles.   It looks like it was converted to a OTG. 

There was a Gray Master Touch for $20  on Cl forever in Chicago land couple of weeks ago. I wanted but no go.  Like to find out who got it.

@greenweb , Yes. I had a spare ash bucket set up from an MT, so I dress it up.