Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 'The Smoke' New Gadget on the Block  (Read 5987 times)

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Re: 'The Smoke' New Gadget on the Block
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 05:58:31 AM »
I was wondering why ThermoWorks hasn't had this type of product on the market already. Instead of replacing the cables on my Maverick, I might just get this instead. I'm very happy with my Thermapen and DOT. Glad I waited.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 08:13:36 AM »
I was wondering why ThermoWorks hasn't had this type of product on the market already. Instead of replacing the cables on my Maverick, I might just get this instead. I'm very happy with my Thermapen and DOT. Glad I waited.
I really like ThermoWorks products and love the fact that the transmitter has the same display as the receiver. I am thinking also about purchasing this. The price isn't too shabby either. But I might wait till I get some reviews on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 09:32:31 AM »
Looks sweet but just bought 2 of the Ivation thermos when they were on sale. 1 I havent even taken out of the box yet... but I do love my gadgets so we'll see! I might just end up with ANOTHER thermometer..LOL
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 10:01:58 AM »
Looks sweet but just bought 2 of the Ivation thermos when they were on sale. 1 I havent even taken out of the box yet... but I do love my gadgets so we'll see! I might just end up with ANOTHER thermometer..LOL
I'm up to my neck in thermometers and such, but I'm a lot like you. Can't seem to pass up an interesting new gadget!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 10:04:07 AM »
@Bustin Butt , LOL... Right?!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 12:04:03 PM »
This is the part that interests me.

Smoke Gateway (Wi-Fi) & Smartphone App Coming in 2017
Track your Smoke cook and receive notifications from anywhere in the world on your Smartphone with Smoke Gateway, coming 2017. All Smoke units are already engineered to work with Smoke Gateway.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 06:35:51 PM »
@Yendor , the wifi is cool but all i can picture is someone calling the neighbor asking them to adjust the vents...LOL

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
'The Smoke' New Gadget on the Block
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 03:29:30 PM »
This is the part that interests me.

Smoke Gateway (Wi-Fi) & Smartphone App Coming in 2017
Track your Smoke cook and receive notifications from anywhere in the world on your Smartphone with Smoke Gateway, coming 2017. All Smoke units are already engineered to work with Smoke Gateway.

Yeah same here. Curious what the price of the wifi transmitter will be.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 11:24:02 PM »
I really like ThermoWorks products and love the fact that the transmitter has the same display as the receiver. I am thinking also about purchasing this. The price isn't too shabby either. But I might wait till I get some reviews on it.

@Bustin Butt   ...   Amazing Ribs just issued an eMAIL talking about (/reviewing) the "Smoke" ...

"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 09:23:50 AM »
  I'm thinking group buy 8) @84.95 with free shipping.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 01:04:24 PM »

@Bustin Butt   ...   Amazing Ribs just issued an eMAIL talking about (/reviewing) the "Smoke" ...
Amazing Ribs gave it a gold medal. So I'm just waiting to see if they will discount the cost.

The BB King

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 06:00:32 AM »
Placed a pre-order today. Not a gadget guy - but I really respect Thermoworks products. Looking forward to using it on my Thanksgiving turkey - maybe a ham while I'm at it.
Retired

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 04:10:34 PM »
I want. I love my TW gear, Ive been waiting for this for a while.
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

ASFx

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 07:01:32 PM »
Mine is on the way too. Looking forward to it :D