Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Grill Surround Ideas  (Read 5933 times)

ed3120

• Smokey Joe
Weber Grill Surround Ideas
« on: September 26, 2016, 06:52:20 AM »
Watching HGTV, I always think those grill surrounds that people build out of stone look pretty cool.  It would be nice to have some extra granite next to the grill to put things down on. 

The problem is that they are always built around gas grills, not Weber Kettles.  Building something out of paver stones looks like it would be a pretty easy project, but I haven't found a picture with a kettle in it that I thought looked classy and luxurious enough to want to build it.  I've seen a few made of wood, but that's not the look that I'm going for.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

Does anyone have any pics paver kettle enclosures that would be inspiring?  I currently own a Performer (that has it's own table).  I'd probably have to ditch it if I built something like this, but I would consider losing the igniter feature and going to a 26" to get more grill space.

Cellar2ful

Re: Weber Grill Surround Ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 07:58:53 AM »

This is a awesome backyard set up posted on a Facebook sight "Weber Kettle Fans". The TV monitor recesses by hydraulics into the counter. Probably cost an arm and a leg to have built but still is the most amazing outdoor cooking set up I have seen to date.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 08:33:08 AM »
Do a google image search using "weber kettle built-in"... that pulls up several examples.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Lumpwood

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 10:18:05 AM »

This is what surrounds my Weber. Pizza in my oven tonight, although the pork loin I did in the kettle yesterday was beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 04:37:52 PM »

This is what surrounds my Weber. Pizza in my oven tonight, although the pork loin I did in the kettle yesterday was beautiful!

That is fantastic!  Very nicely done.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 05:46:37 PM »
Damn! That's beautiful

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »
*RANT*  I really wish people would fill out the part of the profile about where they live!..I would like to know where you all live sometimes.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Lumpwood

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 11:06:23 PM »
Right. I've filled in the location on my profile, pop in for a beer varekai if ever you're  passing!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 04:36:37 AM »
Grill surround? Shit, I'd slide a mattress in there! Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 05:35:47 AM »
That is awesome. Is that attached to your house or is it a separate structure?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 05:37:54 AM »
Building something like that is on my bucket list now.  That's better than any I've seen

Lumpwood

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 07:58:33 AM »
Hi guys. Thank you for the kind remarks. I'll post some additional pictures, it's a separate structure. The weather here is pretty unpredictable so somewhere to cook, relax and eat that is out of the weather is essential.

Lumpwood

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 08:07:46 AM »

Lumpwood

• Smokey Joe
Weber Grill Surround Ideas
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 08:12:23 AM »
So the pictures above show the wood fired oven with counters, sink and importantly roof!  The summerhouse has a wood burning stove within which makes it an all year round retreat. After last nights pizzas, the oven is at around 120 degrees C so I have had beef on the bone with my homegrown tomatoes in there since 7.30 this morning. Mrs Lumpwood is preparing veg as I type!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:14:04 AM by Lumpwood »

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 08:58:26 AM »
@Lumpwood , Thank you, but the rant was not particularly directed AT you, I see these awesome outdoor set ups and wonder what the weather might be like and how the owner handles it. Your place is incredible!!!!  As far as stopping for a beer, I did get my passport with the intention of us visiting my daughter in germany, NOW i may put that trip off and head on over to Durham England first!...lol  Thank you for sharing.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.