Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **Chop-Top Kettlepizza** Total REDHEAD Domination!! ~MOD MONTH~  (Read 4251 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
**Chop-Top Kettlepizza** Total REDHEAD Domination!! ~MOD MONTH~
« on: September 10, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »
Yeah- this shit just happened!  If it ain't RED, well.......might as well submit this for the MOD MONTH entry!

I took a "L" Redhead that had "issues" and powered up the China Freight grinder and Dremel and got down to business!

Retired the black "P" and swapped out the inner lid and secured it to the Red lid via the handle welds. Stainless bolts and acorn nuts.

Big Green Egg Pizza stone

This "L" 1989 had some serious lid damage that got the @Idahawk bowling ball treatement, repainted the rash and a leg socket had to be secured with fasteners. I added a OTG ash can, so it was a good candidate for the Chop-Top.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and this style fits my pizza making needs. Thanks again to @varekai for the inspiration on the Chop-Top lid mod!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:22:35 PM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
That is pretty kick ass dude! Way to reuse something that was beat up.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
I have an extra red in pretty rough condition.  Might be a good candidate for  this .  naahh I  still dont have the heart to do that.  Looks good though. 
Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
I think it would be hard to cut up any kettle but if it's already in bad shape how much cooking are you doing on it? Why not make a frankencooker and put it to use. I like it.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
I think it would be hard to cut up any kettle but if it's already in bad shape how much cooking are you doing on it? Why not make a frankencooker and put it to use. I like it.

Sacrificing kettles to the Fire Gods since 2007!  Not for the Sqeamish!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
This needs to be in the Mod Month thread @swamprb

Now, who's doing a glen blue?
Retired

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Chop-Top Door mod!

ground magnets from china freight.

WNC

• WKC Performer
I'm okay with this, actually really cool!
Do you need to keep the door on for cooking?

I wish my wife would let me eat more pizza

swamprb

• WKC Performer
I'm okay with this, actually really cool!
Do you need to keep the door on for cooking?

I wish my wife would let me eat more pizza

No, the door is mainly just for pre-heat.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
This needs to be in the Mod Month thread @swamprb

Now, who's doing a glen blue?

Don't tempt me!! No GB's but 3 Bluze!

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: **Chop-Top Kettlepizza** Total REDHEAD Domination!! ~MOD MONTH~
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 03:37:19 PM »
Great entry swamp, I need to do this
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 03:42:21 PM »
kickass!!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »
Glad you were able to "get away with it".... I do realize my red is older than yours but it sure caused a small uprising!..LOL..Looks Grate!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 07:16:43 PM »
HALE TO THE FIRE GODS!!!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 08:39:44 AM »
Love the door.  I've got to do something similar for my Kettlepizza rig.

Whit