Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: She's a keeper! 1979 Blue MBH 75001  (Read 5560 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
She's a keeper! 1979 Blue MBH 75001
« on: September 10, 2016, 07:51:07 AM »
Okay, over the last two-three years I have been rather quiet about grill acquisitions for reasons unknown really, even to me. That's all ancient history. But at the recent Chicago Meet Up some of you got to see this grill, and a few others and I had a discussion and we came to the agreement that we would do a better job sharing our grills with the community because on the face of it, we are the Weber KETTLE CLUB. Rescue, Restore, Respect. That entails sharing your grills, talking about them, bragging about them, showing your favorite meals cooked on them etc. Now about this particular kettle, it is a grail of mine, it's a 1979 blue MBH 22.5. New in the box. I was lucky enough to pick up in November of 2014 with the help of a fellow WKCr and it came from a member of the BBQ Brethren . Truth be told, there was a time here recently that I entertained the thought of trading it/letting it go but after much consideration and some serious soul searching, I have made the decision to keep it. I do want to thank those that offered to buy or trade. They were all generous. However with my kids we will create new Hill family memories and eventually I will pass it down to one of my children. Both of whom love the color royal blue as do I. My daughter helped me make the final decision. If you have a WKC calendar you will see it on the October photo serving as the meat in a red and yellow kettle sandwich. Sorry if that sounds sappy turned shameless plug, but I don't know how else to do a segway to the photos.

Here it is (for those that haven't seen it)

At the Chicago Meet Up with my Smokey Joe and @LightningBoldtz  Detroit Lions Master Touch. The blue kettle set off the MT Lions logo nicely I thought.

Back home in Omaha and unboxed. You can see the box sitting in the garage back a ways.

Back in her home next to her shiney black 79 sister.

This, along with my Grandfather's red 18.5 is now a Hill family heirloom. It's 37 years old, spent 35 years in a box and now, here's to 37 more years of family memories and enjoyment. Cheers! [emoji482]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 09:51:30 PM by Craig »

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: She's a keeper!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 08:01:31 AM »
Yep! That's definitely a keeper. Looks gorgeous.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 08:02:46 AM »
I'm glad you posted. Beautiful blue kettle.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 08:03:31 AM »
Thats a stunner!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 08:11:42 AM »
That is very nice Craig. I'm glad you are keeping it in the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 08:13:05 AM »
Now that's a kettle I can almost imagine sitting among my family. Black & Blue is a favorite burger combination too...
Retired

SixZeroFour

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 09:03:16 AM »
What an incredible kettle! Just stunning Craig, glad she's in your good hands 👍
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 09:06:17 AM »
Damn that is BEAUTIFUL, yes I said beautiful!!! Excellent decision on keeping!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 10:23:23 AM »
Amazing!  Beautiful blue.   Agree it's a keeper to pass down to future generations

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 12:42:21 PM »
Beautiful grill, which I'm sure will be cherished for years to come!

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 01:12:57 PM »
What a great find...NIB!  I'd love to hear the story behind that! 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 02:03:22 PM »
Dude, that's seriously one beautiful kettle. Great story, great decision and great blue. Tfs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2016, 04:06:44 PM »
Very very Nice!!!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 04:38:07 PM »
Thats a beautiful kettle and awesome story!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2016, 04:40:29 PM »
well duh!

Thanks for sharing Craig!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!