Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dr. B! Dr. B! Report to the ER Immediately!  (Read 2191 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Dr. B! Dr. B! Report to the ER Immediately!
« on: September 04, 2016, 02:41:57 PM »
....this happened!   http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/red-kettle-seattle-area-25428/

$15 Redheads are right up my alley! I figured it would make a nice Chop Top Pizza kettle, but my healing powers kicked in and this one is added to the stable!

Didn't take any before pics, but it wasn't in that bad of shape. Usual rust and porcelain dings around the handles, a quarter sized ding in the lid, rash around the lip and one small ding around a leg socket. Vents got new hardware, a couple new handles and we're good to go! (Pic from the cl post.)

1996 "ER" 22" Silver 3 Wheeler with blackwall tires and black triangle.

Dupli-Color DE1653 RED Engine paint to match.

IDK if anyone else has tried this, but I gotta replace the can before my wife goes ballistic! http://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-14-oz-Stainless-Steel-Polish-ZUSSTL14/203759588

This works real good on aluminum and makes that RED Fade pop! YMMV!

R-R-R!!!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

northwestkettle

• WKC Ranger
Re: Dr. B! Dr. B! Report to the ER Immediately!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 03:52:55 PM »
Nice job @swamprb you did a great job cleaning her up looks dam good I new there was some good life left in that kettle [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBQ to live live to BBQ

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:34:20 AM »
Nice red, that's the tightest fade ring I think I've seen

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 05:00:08 AM »
nicely done sir...
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 06:30:36 AM »
Great R-R-R.  Looks so clean.  For $15, you would be crazy not to pick it up.  Nice score!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 04:49:26 PM »
Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 11:57:49 AM »
Nicely done!!!!  You did a hell of a job fixing some of the worn spots.   Now you need to get a couple of wood handles on it!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 03:56:48 PM »
Nicely done!!!!  You did a hell of a job fixing some of the worn spots.   Now you need to get a couple of wood handles on it!

While I love the wooden handles, they just don't cut it in the Pacific Northwet!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Dr. B! Dr. B! Report to the ER Immediately!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 05:07:31 PM »
What if you had some teak wood handles made? I bet they would look sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.