Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wife said its ok to buy.  (Read 2712 times)

power

• Smokey Joe
Wife said its ok to buy.
« on: August 30, 2016, 03:32:23 PM »
Hi guys use to have a wsm  and I sold it because storage issues! Still have 5 webers. When i brought my last wsm 4 years ago the 47 was the only type available! So what would you guys recommend of the 3 sizes, or stick with what i know! Think i paid $400 back then, soo expensive now! Think the wife will freak out when she sees the prices.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: Wife said its ok to buy.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 05:12:31 PM »
Where are you from? Those prices would be ridiculous prices, based on the American dollar.
Still need a 22” yellow

TD15

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
I like the middle size for the happy medium between big enough for ribs but not so big it consumes fuel.  As always, it depends on how you plan to us it.    The 18 (47) is my preference.  The 22 (57) is bigger than I need to cook for one or two families, particularly with a stable of kettles on hand.

power

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 07:06:23 PM »
TheDude, In Australia, anything made in the US costs us heaps for some reason! Even when our $ was more then the US $, things were expensive! Genesis® E-330
$1,599.00rrp LPG
$1,799.00rrp NG (includes delivery & assembly)!
Ford and GM (usa) have and a closing our ford and Holden GMH factorys, reason being cheaper to import then make in Australia! Funny first of the Ford Mustangs are rolling of the the ships and Costing more then our Falcons! $45,990 for the 4cylinder mustang EcoBoost and $57,490 for the V8. Mustang. $62k for gt fastback!
Yoder smokers start at $4200

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 08:40:54 AM »
Good lord, those prices are shocking!

Note to self: bring my own Weber when I go to Australia next year for cousin's wedding. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 03:59:06 PM »
I have all three and find the middle size most useful. The big one can cook a lot of meat but takes a lot of fuel.The little one is a little tricky to get good results with.

Welcome back to the fold!!
kettles, smokers...

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 11:59:04 AM »
Good lord, those prices are shocking!

Note to self: bring my own Weber when I go to Australia next year for cousin's wedding. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Or bring a new one and sell it while you're there...
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 05:12:11 PM »
[emoji15] how much??? Those kind of prices, I'd be riding a mule and diggin a hole to cook in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk