Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Buying Spring Green Mastertouch from Canada  (Read 4893 times)

Mynticelx

• Happy Cooker
Buying Spring Green Mastertouch from Canada
« on: July 26, 2016, 06:42:58 AM »
I live in the US and want to purchase the new limited edition Mastertouch in Spring Green from a dealer in Canada at a reasonable price. Do any of you know a dealer that ships to the US?

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: Buying Spring Green Mastertouch from Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:47:06 AM »
JC Cayer used to, but it seems they don't anymore.

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 06:51:45 AM »
Dealers typically don't want to get involved with trans border shipping due to the onerous customs and brokerage hassles.  I would suggest contacting fedex or ups or purolator with the package dimensions of 24" x 24" x 15" and weight of 48 lbs to get an estimate for having them pick it up and deliver it for you.
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 07:03:51 AM »
@Mynticelx - I believe @the Tamale Kid also wants to buy one of the new Canadian MT's and lives in California. You two might think about partnering and seeing if a Canadian retail outlet might be more willing to ship to the US with multiple orders. Here is a list of retailers in Canada posted by @MacEggs on another thread:

http://drmz.net/weber/Weber_MT_Colours-e.pdf

In February I did some research regarding purchasing on of the MT's from Canada. Here is one retailer and a contact person I found that will ship to the United States:

Ontario Gas BBQ, www.BBQS.com, is more than happy to ship the Mastertouch Kettles to US customers.
The only issue is the freight.
Email Duff, duff@bbqs.com, with your telephone number, full name & address and he will get back to you with a freight quote.
The Canadian Mastertouches sell for $299.99 in Canadian Dollars and when your credit card company processes the transaction your cost in US Dollars will be approximately $225.00 US Dollars.
The freight charge will be extra. Ontario Gas BBQ is not out to make money on the freight cost. If the quoted freight cost is $68.00 they will round up to the nearest $5.00 which would be $70.00. Example only.
(A recent quote to California was $172.00 – Ouch)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:07:45 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 05:24:58 PM »
If you want it, do it.  Who knows what the future holds ………
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 08:56:40 AM »
I'm having the hardest time not having my buddy who travels to Montreal pick an ivory one up for  me.  I live the way they look but I really don't need one. 

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 09:49:53 AM »
I'm having the hardest time not having my buddy who travels to Montreal pick an ivory one up for  me.  I live the way they look but I really don't need one. 

Do it Dude, you only go around once  8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 09:57:02 AM »
I'm having a Weber sponsored BBQ event in September with our local dealer and my bbq blog as hosts.  The local dealer told me that when she spoke to the Weber rep they told her there was going to be some exciting new announcements coming soon.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was that they were bringing the colored MasterTouches to the States.  She didn't imply that,  it's just my total guess.

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 02:17:22 PM »
I'm a little sad,  i was planning on ordering  just haven'.  Now that JC Cayer stopped Im not sure if I'm just too late or what? That's what I get for stalling. 
Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

Southbendk1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 04:01:09 PM »
Dickson BBQ is where I got my ivory.

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 04:39:14 PM »
@Southbendk1 thanks I'll look into that! 
Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 06:24:54 PM »
Yeah looks their not shipping to USA either! 😢

Sent from my LGLS990 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 06:49:34 PM »

Hmmm.  I wonder if Weber had something to do with slamming the door on shipping a Canadian only product to the US. Coincidence that retailers that were shipping to the US have now stopped?
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Southbendk1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 08:13:55 PM »
http://www.dicksonbbq.com/mastertouchgbs-green.html

Pick option 1 for shipment to the US.

the Tamale Kid

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 12:12:31 PM »
Hey Guys,

As @Southbendk1 indicated, Dickson Barbeque can ship the limited edition colored M/T to the states. They're on the other side of Lake Ontario. Mine came out to $300 USD and is shipped via UPS arriving within 5-7 biz days.

Although $300 seems high, I did the math in comparison to the black M/T on amazon ($231 = $200 + $16 tax + $15 limited edition color premium) and in the end I'm paying a $70 premium to get a color (ivory) that has never been made available by Weber in the U.S. To me, it's worth it!   ;D

For those of you that are waffling, keep in mind that once Dickson BBQ sells their inventory, they cant get any more from Weber...limited edition while supplies last. I went through the list of vendors that @MacEggs provided, and most didn't offer the LE M/T, and those that did would not ship to the states.

You can contact Robert at Dickson BBQ, and he will send you a paypal invoice.

Robert Rumolo

Dickson Barbeque Centre
info@dicksonbbq.com
www.dicksonbbq.com
416-487-4029
Hunting for Lime, Blue Wave, Yellow, Red, Ivory, & Blue kettles