Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettles always on top  (Read 4976 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Weber Kettles always on top
« on: July 22, 2016, 05:56:58 PM »
As I was doing some research on other interesting charcoal grills, I could not help noticing common detonator. No one should be surprised but still interesting.

The Best Rated Charcoal Barbecue Grills of 2016 | Foodal   http://foodal.com/kitchen/outdoor-appliances/barbeque-grills/backyard-charcoal-the-best/

http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/06/best-charcoal-grills-inexpensive-equipment-amazing-ribs-review.html

http://bbq.about.com/od/charcoalgrills/tp/aatp062604a.htm

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-charcoal-grill/

http://www.wired.com/2016/05/best-charcoal-grills/

http://www.consumersearch.com/grills/best-charcoal-grills

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/house-garden/10-best-charcoal-barbecues-10160433.html

http://top10bestpro.com/top-10-best-charcoal-grills/

Anyone own Napoleon, Portable Kitchen PK Cast Aluminum Grill, or Dancook 1900 Charcoal Grill. I found these 3 very interesting.  Any honest feedback on them would be great.

Thanks!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Kettles always on top
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 06:01:21 PM »
Don't waste your time with anything else man. Seriously. It'd be that and money. If I was to have anything else it would be a high end stick burner. Used kamado type cookers and am not impressed.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 06:23:18 PM »
"Don't F#@% with the Weber!!"

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 07:28:15 PM »
Quote from: MrHoss link=topic=24984.msg237274#mnosg237274 date=1469239281
Don't waste your time with anything else man. Seriously. It'd be that and money. If I was to have anything else it would be a high end stick burner. Used kamado type cookers and am not impressed.

Your opinion is always highly regarded, but probably have diff. views aside from Weber Kettles.  I like my Akorn but I remember you were not too impressed with yours, which is fine.  I am not interesting in high end stick burner, just find those 3 interesting.

Having interest in other kettle or finding more facts about them does not equal to wasting time or impulse buying in my view. 

Lot of you have other charcoal grills besides Weber... right!  Or does it violate forum policy even to talk about anything besides Weber.  Actually, I was mainly talking bout Weber being #1.

@swamprb- I own more than 10 different Weber Kettles and Genesis Gasser. I am a Weber Fanatic but open minded.  I highlight the fact that Weber Kettles always come ahead in all most resent reviews and ask for feedback on 3 others that I find interesting.

You tell me how that is F### with Weber.   So my opinion on that the Weber is always rated on top is wrong. Or is it too much to ask for members who may already own these for some feedback is wrong.  I don't understand. Matter of fact, I am little disappointed in your comment.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:55:46 PM by greenweb »

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 08:13:51 PM »
Boy that escalated quickly....

The Napoleon brand is out of my price range and I have only ever seen them as large NG built-ins.

There are a ton of videos on YouTube that I've watched on the PK. Looks interesting but I'm an aesthetics guy and that thing has zero points in that category and for that reason - I'm out.

Never looked into the Dancook line but the internet is just a click away.

- Keep it simple stupid -

Keep it simple stupid

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 08:20:58 PM »
@greenweb, I really do believe that swamprb's comment is not an "attack" on you or anything else. If you look at his signature He has ALOT in his arsenal and they are not all webers.  I hope I am not wrong. EVERYBODY here is here for the love of the kettle, AND BBQ in general, we got gas owners, kettle owners and smokers and the diversity of all the gadgets that we NEED to own. We just REALLY like our kettles, Most of us can do ANYTHING on that little bowl and therefore  "why use anything else", but we aint gonna flog ya for thinking it or even owning something else. In fact, I leave in the morning to go pick up a Big Boy Grill in San Jose...
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 08:23:26 PM »

@swamprb- I own more than 10 different Weber Kettles and Genesis Gasser. I am a Weber Fanatic but open minded.  I highlight the fact that Weber Kettles always come ahead in all most resent reviews and ask for feedback on 3 others that I find interesting.

You tell me how that is F### with Weber.   So my opinion on that the Weber is always rated on top is wrong. Or is it too much to ask for members who may already own these for some feedback is wrong.  I don't understand. Matter of fact, I am little disappointed in your comment.

Lighten up Walter! Its only a joke!  A PK Grill is on my short list though.

This aggression will not stand man!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »
I have a sweet old Portable Kitchen grill that is 80% done. All new stainless hardware, glass bead blasted, polished, new grates, wheels etc...It's gonna be yellow - and it's gonna be glorious  :D

Oh, and I have one of the original-style clay cooker Kamado's too  8)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:06:52 PM by AZ Monsoon »

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 09:03:11 PM »
aggression will not stand man.............

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »
I'd like to try a PK, but do not understand why or how it would be a better value than a new 26" Weber, which is about what one would cost.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Weber Kettles always on top
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 09:59:10 PM »
I've got to agree with a-t-s' comment on the pk.
I've seen many videos with that one was actually taken back a little by the price for what you get. Personal opinion.

The Napoleons are some very nice,  high quality made grills. Now, I've only read about them and watched vids, but if I had the extra income, I would definitely invest in one of their coal grills.

Money aside and no object, Kamodo Kamodo. Hands down.

I do have a Uds that I built a few years back and it's my go to smoker. I've ran it for over 17 hours before on an 8lb bag of lump. I actually have just recently starting using the weber for low and slow because I want to learn. It's working very well, especially since the 26r came along.

I've got a young family though, so for me the Webers are it. Such a great grill and affordable for my budget. I can have a small hobby that's not expensive and have found some cool grills and met some cool people.

It's pretty neat that all those articles you linked listed Weber's so high! It just goes to show a great product doesn't have to be "over the top".

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 11:17:50 PM »
Napoleons aren't distributed to the USA much (if at all) so you'd be hard pressed to get a lot of opinions here about them. The PK grills are pretty fun to cook on and the shell is extremely well made cast aluminum. However, the design doesn't make for much temperature flexibility when cooking. It's basically similar to cooking on a giant CGA. I would not buy one new but def would pick one up from CL.

I don't care how one spends their money as long as you are are cool about it. Hopefully one makes up for spending more $$$ many times over with the enjoyment gained from using it.

I recommend watching CL for good deals on other types of cookers to try out. Every cooker has its pros and cons. You will learn a lot and it's a ton of fun trying new techniques. The $$$ lost will be minimal if you do it right.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 01:20:52 AM »
aggression will not stand man.............

Wow, is that a t-shirt? What I wake up to, man.

I'd order that.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 05:09:03 AM »
I should have not taken swamprb remark as directed to me.  It made more sense to assume his agreement with my topic. " Yeah! Weber is always #1 so don't F with it"     I am cool with it now.  Hope I provided some amusement and laughter on my behalf for getting uptight. 

Others considerate comments very much appreciated and helpful.

This all started with me ordering Napoleon CI grate for my Weber.  More researching nets that- Napoleon is a Canadian Co, but the kettle possibly made in China.  Interesting features such as 45 degree hinged lid, 3 position cooking grate height and the stock CI grate and few other stuff gets me going.

Except for my new Master Touch and new 330 Genesis Gasser, every charcoal grills including all my other Weber are bought at great deal used.   So, I am confident that I get exceptional deal on it used, if I do get one or all 3 down the road.    pbe gummi bear pretty much summed it up with this. 
I don't care how one spends their money as long as you are are cool about it. Hopefully one makes up for spending more $$$ many times over with the enjoyment gained from using it.

I recommend watching CL for good deals on other types of cookers to try out. Every cooker has its pros and cons. You will learn a lot and it's a ton of fun trying new techniques. The $$$ lost will be minimal if you do it right.

I love my Weber, this forum, and all this great people here with one common goal.  Last thing I want to do is create commotion.   Thank you all for understanding.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 05:55:58 AM »
In my best James Doohan voice. "All I own is Weber Kettles.... lots of them. No bloody Eggs, Kamados, Big Boys, OR gas..."

Yet.