Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It's not EZ being red  (Read 1639 times)

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
It's not EZ being red
« on: July 11, 2016, 12:36:55 PM »
A couple of weeks ago, I took a trip to Kansas City to get a wooden cart with a Wood Dale kettle. I ended up giving the Wood Dale to @MaxmBob. Being a good grillfella, Bob wasn't content to just take something away without leaving something in return.

Here's the pic of the EZ-code redhead Bob left behind.

I finally got around to doing some cleaning and polishing yesterday, and the EZ redhead is ready for some cooking.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Re: It's not EZ being red
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 12:39:44 PM »
I've been fortunate enough to collect an EZ SS, EZ JJ, and EZ Genesis gasser.  But your EZ makes my EZs look like lazy EZs. 
One of the charcoal people.

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 12:40:17 PM »
Nice job, Brian. You got the EZ looking good.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 12:53:54 PM »
Thanks, Bob, for the compliment and for the redhead.

I forgot to mention that I used the "Sheet aluminum and pop rivet mod" to re-install the ash bucket.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/**master-touchperformer-ash-catcher-bars-won't-be-needing-them-anymore!**/msg192045/#msg192045

- Astute readers will note that I didn't bother polishing the inside of the ash ring... :(

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 01:14:47 PM »
Good job all around, fella's. Good times.

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 01:55:50 PM »
Looks like that mod worked out great. I've got one I need to do that on.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 02:23:32 PM »
Yep, it's solid as a rock. I bought a 6"x18" sheet of 0.025" aluminum at Ace Hardware and cut three strips about 1/2" wide that slid right into the slots. Bent them up and then warped to fit to the ring. I drilled a 1/8" hole through the strip and the ring, then cut off the rest of the strip above the hole, then used a pop rivet to attach.

I've done a couple of others by drilling into the leg socket and attaching the tabs on newer style rings with screws, but this is a MUCH better method all around.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 03:07:58 AM »
Excellent!!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!