Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: iGrill2  (Read 1417 times)

Kentexan

• Happy Cooker
iGrill2
« on: May 20, 2016, 10:19:27 AM »
So after reading all about how you gotta have a digital thermometer, I started shopping online for one.  I thought the igrill mini or the igrill2 would be nice, because of the bluetooth app.  I didn't want to spend $100 though, so I was going to buy the mini for $40.  Went to Lowe's on the way to work one day to pick it up, and I spontaneously went for the iGrill2.  The large display and having two probes was too tempting :D

I work in a chemical lab, and right when I got to work, instead of working I took it out and tested it.  We have a bath that is calibrated at 100.0 C.   Starting in Fahrenheit, one probe was stable at 211 and the other one fluctuated between 210 and 211.  I switched to Celsius and both probes were stable at 100.0 C. 

It's a really cool toy.  I've used it to monitor my grill temp and to monitor boneless chicken breasts and steaks since I bought it and they turned out great.  I used to overcook chicken all the time going by the cut and look method, and making sure it was overcooked so I could make sure I didn't under cook it! 

Also with the app on my phone I went all over my house on the inside and I never lost connection - I've read some reviews that said the bluetooth range was short, but it worked for me just fine. 

If you have a little more patience than me and want one, buy it on Amazon and you can get 4 probes for the same price I paid.  The probes I've seen online are $25, so I would have to pay 150 for one with 4 probes, if I eventually buy two more. 

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
Re: iGrill2
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:50:32 AM »
Understand that they are on clearance at some Sam's clubs. YMMV  Good Luck 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »
I got mine at Sam's for $80 with 4 probes.  I love it!!!

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 01:40:09 PM »
Got mine iGrill2 on ebay with 4 probes for about $90

That thing is BADASS.  Totally worth it with the bluetooth, and set temps
-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods