Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I wanted pizza tonight  (Read 2805 times)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
I wanted pizza tonight
« on: May 12, 2016, 04:48:49 PM »
I really wanted pizza tonight but my wife's has been out of town on business this whole week and I'm Mr. Mom caring for our twin 4yo girls. This is typical for me. Usually I just cook the pies in the oven when she's out of town but figured I'd break out the KP for this one, knowing how stressful it would be with everything I had to do. So, on my way home from work i picked up some pizza dough at Raley's, drove home put it on the counter, drove over to swim lessons for the girls, when we got home I fired up the KP and the 26r for sausage, gave the girls a bath, cooked the sausage, grated cheese, made sauce, then finally cooked he pies. All while trying to keep the girls calm since they were hungry. We already finished eating and the girls are winding down. They are in by 6:30p every night.

Started with a cheese pizza for them (no finish pic) and my sausage jalapeņo. It's been a quite while since I've used the KP so these aren't my best, but delicious none the less.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:50:34 PM by Nate »

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: I wanted pizza tonight
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »
Looks good to me. Really impressive while watching two 4 year olds.  Very nicely done! 

Haven't fired my KP up in a while but my sister and BIL will be here all next week so there will be a pizza fest for sure.  Just need to designate someone to be the photographer. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 04:56:29 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed You don't need a designated photographer. I took these photos myself while scrambling around. 8) Have a great pizza fest with the sis and BIL!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »
Yes sir, yes sir. Dad of the day award goes to you brother!! Handled business. Cooked awesome dinner. Had a beer or two for duration. Quite time before bed. Yes sir! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] How the hell did you take the pic of the grilling sausage with two spatulas??? Who's holding the phone, camera, device, whatever? Or, are they resting on the bowl? Whatever, great job Nate! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 05:06:57 PM »
@Travis I have 3 arms...great for cooking with both hands and taking pics :P  8)

Jk, I set the spatulas down.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 05:09:56 PM »
@Travis I have 3 arms...great for cooking with both hands and taking pics :P  8)

Jk, I set the spatulas down.

Busy days, busy nights. Good job dude. Have a beer. You've earned it.[emoji106]