Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Late night pizza cook  (Read 3439 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Late night pizza cook
« on: May 01, 2016, 10:25:47 AM »
Worked all day laying down ceramic tile and before I knew it darkness came.  Already had the dough and had to use it.  Made two pizzas.  Not sure what happened to the pic of the one.  Again made my own sauce.  Had a nice hot fire with RO lump.  The temp gauge one the kettle said over 600 degrees so it was probably about 550-575.  Wife said it was the best pizza I made so far.  Yes it is a thick crust.  That is the way we are used to getting pizzas when we lived in the Midwest.

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Late night pizza cook
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 04:14:00 PM »
That's a nice looking pie. What were your ingredients? I going to try a CI pizza tomorrow. Yours looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:36:30 PM by Travis »

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Late night pizza cook
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 05:20:21 PM »
That's a nice looking pie. What were your ingredients? I going to try a CI pizza tomorrow. Yours looks great!

Used a premade pizza dough from the deli at Safeway.  Made my own sauce with one large can of sauce,  sauted some garlic and added Italian seasoning and a little bit of tomato paste to thicken it a little bit.  Rolled out the dough to about 14".  Brushed on some EVOO,  sauced it,  sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese.  Then added mozzarella and my other toppings which included pepperoni on one and on the other was Italian sausage and fresh jalapenos.  I also like to use mushrooms and bell peppers.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:58:12 AM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 06:08:11 AM »
Thanks @Davescprktl  That is one great looking pie!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:49:48 AM »
Nice looking pizza!  Well done!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 08:54:27 AM »
Great looking pie!

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 06:51:16 PM »
@Davescprktl  that is a nice looking pie, how did you do your charcoal? like a bullseye I want to try a pizza on the grill I just have a cast iron pizza pan. Thanks for your time
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 08:42:30 AM »
@jd  I used lump charcoal and placed it at the back of the charcoal grate.  Use one full chimney of HOT coals on top of about a half chimney of unlit coals.  I used an aluminum pizza pan.  I'm sure your cast iron pan will work just fine.  I used my coal baskets to elevate the pie closer to the dome for more heat.  Every few minutes I rotated the pan for even heating.  Hope this helps!

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 09:23:17 AM »
@Davescprktl  thank you
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer