Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How to arrange meat on WSM for hot and fast cook?  (Read 7007 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: How to arrange meat on WSM for hot and fast cook?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 03:32:37 PM »
Quick question. What about a pizza stone as a diffuser?  I'm a wsm rookie so maybe a dumb question

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: How to arrange meat on WSM for hot and fast cook?
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 04:00:34 PM »
Quick question. What about a pizza stone as a diffuser?  I'm a wsm rookie so maybe a dumb question

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

@HoosierKettle You could, I strongly suggest foiling it over since ceramic is porous. I foil the platesetters on my BGE's.

I've used foil wrapped elcheapo pizza stones in the pan, red lava stones, foil balls and just the pan foiled over etc. as heat sinks. After time grease gets into every crevice and you'll start getting nasty off tastes. To each their own. I just have had a better time converting to the steel discs and using the pizza pan or lately aluminum party platters foiled over as DRIP PANS on top the disc and just toss the mess after each cook.

This is the size party platter I use on the 22's. @Easy you'll have to measure your 18" waterpan, I unloaded all my 18" WSM's.

We use/d WSM's in competition for many years and pretty much always dry with the exception of ribs.

https://www.facebook.com/Left-Hand-Smoke-116187658462391/?ref=hl

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!