Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Used performer prices.  (Read 6549 times)

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Re: Used performer prices.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 10:36:20 PM »
.... The only issues I found are a small chip on the rim of the lid, a very small ding on the lid, and the charcoal bin is melted and a little deformed on the side closest to the kettle .....   

OK kettleheads, we've seen this (and discussed it) more than a couple of times over the past year.   Has anyone discovered the genesis of this malady???    Has anyone seen it in Gen1 Performers, Gen2 Performers, Genx Performers???   Don't mean to sidetrack this thread, but this really bugs me for some reason.                            SJ

"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 06:26:37 AM »
Bugs me too because I have a melted bin, good to know I am not alone.  The bin still works but my OCD tells me it need to be replaced because its not "perfect".

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 09:15:37 AM »
Wasn't aware that could happen.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

jeh_ar21

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 08:53:33 PM »
Bugs me too because I have a melted bin, good to know I am not alone.  The bin still works but my OCD tells me it need to be replaced because its not "perfect".
just saw this thread of yours and i hope you dont feel ripped off with the melted bin [emoji1]. but feel free to retun if you changed your mind.( i still got a bunch of emails until i deleted my CL post that night). The complete story behind that is i am building my dream grass green gen2/gen3/gen4 performer. i got that gen2 for $80 and bought a new lid bale for it for $37.Then  i picked up a gen3 C&B green recently from CL also for $150.  i switched the entire kettle and want to sell that fast to fund my 2015 metal table top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 09:32:09 PM »
Have not changed my mind at all.  I am pleased with it, just bugs me that the design allows the bin to melt as this one did.  My concern is even if I replace the bin will it just happen again. 

jeh_ar21

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 09:58:38 PM »
Have not changed my mind at all.  I am pleased with it, just bugs me that the design allows the bin to melt as this one did.  My concern is even if I replace the bin will it just happen again.
i did not know that it could happen also.i think it can be avoided by placing charcoals on the kettle side far from the bin.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2016, 04:12:56 AM »
And use charcoal baskets while cooking! It'll help save something even more valuable, the KETTLE.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2016, 12:45:54 PM »
i did not know that it could happen also.i think it can be avoided by placing charcoals on the kettle side far from the bin.

I'm not convinced that charcoal placement has much to do with this issue.  We've observed that wiring to the igniter doesn't show burning, and that the igniter tube at the kettle doesn't show burning.   Still a mystery waiting to be solved :(                                SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

jeh_ar21

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 02:11:02 PM »

I'm not convinced that charcoal placement has much to do with this issue.  We've observed that wiring to the igniter doesn't show burning, and that the igniter tube at the kettle doesn't show burning.   Still a mystery waiting to be solved :(                                SJ
maybe some bad molded charcoal bins that missed from quality control

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 05:37:37 PM »
I am going to cal Weber on Monday and see if they are willing to do something about it.  They have never questioned anything I have called them about in the past.  Maybe I can talk them into replacing the bin. 

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2016, 01:46:01 PM »
So how is $200 for a Deluxe Performer with a cover.  I see one local that hardly shows use.  That would be like $450 new.  I just have not tracked pricing for long. 

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2016, 01:50:31 PM »
@G19 performers can definitely sell for that much but it all depends on your area, and timing/patience. If you feel ok paying that much then by all means go for it and use the hell out of it. No use in waiting for a grill that might not come again anytime soon to save a few bucks when you could be having a good time grilling on it now. Ymmv.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 01:55:20 PM »
Another question please - without the lid on how tall is a performer.  I am trying to figure out if one can slide in an SUV.  Lowe's specs say that assembled height is 43.5" with a width of 48" and a depth of 30".  Our two local stores have them on the top rack so can't get dimentions off.  Thanks again.

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2016, 03:19:42 PM »
maybe rent a trailer.
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »
I picked mine up with my wife's Toyota Highlander and I had to lay it on its back to fit, it was about an inch or so too tall to fit upright without the lid.