Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blue Stainless Performer V's Blue Crate and Barrel Performer  (Read 4503 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Re: Blue Stainless Performer V's Blue Crate and Barrel Performer
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 08:10:10 AM »
Thanks for all the input. I have a lot to think about. I really am torn but right now am leaning towards keeping the SSP. Will let y'all know what I decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TB. between the blue SSP, your green 2010 and the Blue C&B, what do you really want to end up with when all is said and done ?
That's a great question and what I am struggling to decide. Another issue is that I will keep one performer for use at my home and give one to my Inlaws to use at their bay house. They have a OTS that works fine, but it would be really nice to have a performer to use when we are down there.

Ideally I would like a Blue C&B to use at my home and then any type of performer for my Inlaws house. However, part of my problem is I don't want to give up my green Weber performer. I like having a red, green and blue Weber.  I also am trying to keep the cost low, and if I bought the C&B I would obviously be putting down $400+.

Decisions decisions.

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 09:45:44 AM »
Do your inlaws care what color the performer is? If not, id do a kettle swap. The new performers are also easily replaceable. SS performers, not as much so.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 09:49:16 AM »
Do your inlaws care what color the performer is? If not, id do a kettle swap. The new performers are also easily replaceable. SS performers, not as much so.

Good point.  Ok. I am sticking with the SS performer.  Thanks for the input guys.

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 10:02:19 AM »
part of my problem is I don't want to give up my green Weber performer.

Unless you both hate them, you'll be regularly visiting over the years. So really, what's given up? Added incentive for visiting. I have one of my 26's and a Grass Green C&B Performer at his house and he never uses either until I show up once or twice a year.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »

Is it just me, or is anyone else still kind of confused here ?

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 11:55:21 AM »

Is it just me, or is anyone else still kind of confused here ?

Ha. Probably so. Sorry for the confusion

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 04:53:39 PM »
There is a blue C&B for sale on CL near me if someone would like me to agent.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2016, 10:44:20 AM »
Thanks for the offer but I think shipping would kill the deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 06:30:33 PM »
I have bought a bunch of SS performers, but nothing and I mean nothing is better than my new Copper Performer.  I'm just not a SS performer kind of guy.  Every one I have ever got I have sold off.  I never keep them.  As far as the size of the tank, I used the adaptor hose from a Weber Q and I attach a 20Lb tank to my performer and it lasts FOR-EVER.  Much longer than the 5lb on the old SS perf.  To me the new Performer with the metal table and the 20lb tank adaptor is the ultimate set up......that's just me..
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 07:58:16 AM »
Brian,
This one, the 6501? http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6501-Adapter-Q-Series-Go-Anywhere/dp/B0012XXD4Y

Also, will the tank fit on the bottom of the cart?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch