Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blue Stainless Performer V's Blue Crate and Barrel Performer  (Read 4512 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Blue Stainless Performer V's Blue Crate and Barrel Performer
« on: April 15, 2016, 07:28:21 PM »
Which one would you rather have. I have a blue ss performer but for some reason the blue C&B performer looks good to me. However, I would have to sell some grills to get the C&B one, including the blue ss performer.

I'm leaning towards keeping the blue ss performer and rehabbing it. I already have a fairly new (2010) green performer with the plastic table so I wouldn't be gaining anything extra with the blue C&B.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Blue Stainless Performer V's Blue Crate and Barrel Performer
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »
I've used both. They each have pros and cons. I prefer larger gas tanks on one and disposable on the other. Nutty. I prefer top controls on one and taller one-piece table on the other.

In other words it comes down to color availability and condition in the used market but for new I'd have a tough time deciding between blue and copper.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:43:44 PM »
You'd get electronic ignition on the new one but could retrofit that with some creativity to even the SS. The new one will have the dark metal table, wider-opening lid bale and different lid thermo location (I think) and newer ash can style.

Personal preference and $$.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 07:54:57 PM »
Ss table for sure. Form over function lol.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 09:46:43 PM »
<----  No. 1 choice, C&B Grass Green.   No. 2 choice, C&B dark blue (just beautiful).   Best choice, keep you Berry Blue SSP and buy either (or both) of the first two choices :)   ;D                        SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 10:02:50 PM »
I prefer the additional height of modern performer over ss

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 10:26:48 PM »
If blue is your thing and you prefer the later gen over the SSP, do a bowl swap and then upgrade to a metal table and the new lid bale.   Total cost would be $100 or less.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 03:57:15 AM »
Ssp..personally i like the lower height on ssp...
Its easier to manage my grates during cooks..rather than higher table...personal preference..

Also..no concern over ashes lit coal bits dropping onto ss table...
Grills

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 04:20:27 AM »
Can you hide one on the side of the house or behind the dog house?
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 05:43:31 AM »
Can you hide one on the side of the house or behind the dog house?

Hide behind the doghouse.  That way when she finds it and drags you around by the ear while yelling at you...  it'll be a shorter trip from where she points out the grill to you and yells a lot... to her dragging you over to your new living quarters and chaining you there.  :D

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 06:29:18 AM »
If blue is your thing and you prefer the later gen over the SSP, do a bowl swap and then upgrade to a metal table and the new lid bale.   Total cost would be $100 or less.

Are you sure? The new table and lid bale alone will push the bill pretty close to $100 even before you'd find a donor Performer.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 07:36:28 AM »

Are you sure? The new table and lid bale alone will push the bill pretty close to $100 even before you'd find a donor Performer.

I was thinking that he could bowl swap between his blue SSP and his fairly new (2010) green performer.   Aren't they interchangeable ?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 07:39:00 AM »
Sure they are; I didn't realize he might be willing to swap the parts with his 2010.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 07:52:02 AM »
Thanks for all the input. I have a lot to think about. I really am torn but right now am leaning towards keeping the SSP. Will let y'all know what I decide.

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 08:01:50 AM »
Thanks for all the input. I have a lot to think about. I really am torn but right now am leaning towards keeping the SSP. Will let y'all know what I decide.

TB. between the blue SSP, your green 2010 and the Blue C&B, what do you really want to end up with when all is said and done ?