Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Nerdy post inside - leg tip comparison  (Read 1639 times)

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
Nerdy post inside - leg tip comparison
« on: March 31, 2016, 10:36:18 AM »
You were warned....

I put a new leg tip on a grill last night and happened to have a genuine Weber tip that came with some new hubcaps from an order placed from ereplacements.

Anyway, in comparison to the Everbilt leg tips you find at Home Depot, the genuine Weber tips are a little more substantial in quality, and more of a cottage or off white. You can see the rest in the pics. Weber tip on the right, Everbilt on the left except in the last picture.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Nerdy post inside - leg tip comparison
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 11:49:18 AM »
Nice comparo! I recall someone saying that the cap that comes on a 1lb propane tank works. I may have tried it and couldn't get it to go on.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

apt323

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 01:33:18 PM »
Thanks for the comparison pics!

I used a white one off of one of my lawn chairs I had on the back porch
WANTED - Colored Jumbo Joe (18")

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 05:28:13 PM »
Nice comparo! I recall someone saying that the cap that comes on a 1lb propane tank works. I may have tried it and couldn't get it to go on.
Just about every one of my kettles has propane bottle caps.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Nerdy post inside - leg tip comparison **YOU WERE WARNED!!!**
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 06:51:16 PM »
Nerdy cheapa$$ FREE Tip of the day!!

You know those plastic caps that come on disposable propane containers?? You know you have them for your Performer lighters!!

Well hey there fellas - they fit the peg leg kettle as well!

Choice of colors - Black & White!!!

just sayin'
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!