Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lime Seville  (Read 4688 times)

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
Lime Seville
« on: March 29, 2016, 07:12:25 PM »
Did anyone get the Lime Seville with the Chariot Wheels in Chicago a couple weeks ago?

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Lime Seville
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 09:27:54 PM »
I've been waiting for it to pop up here.  The seller put me & two others into a bidding contest for it.  One of the other guys said, according to the seller, "I'll beat any offer that's made".  Either it was sold to him, or the seller figured it might be worth big bucks & will ask a crazy price in the near future.  Looked to be in phenomenal shape.
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 08:18:03 AM »
Man, i missed that one. Which sounds like a good thing given how things went down. But still. A Lime Seville?!?!
Growing family = growing kettles!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 08:43:25 AM »
I was one of the other bidders. I tapped out at $150.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 10:15:03 AM »
for what its worth, the seller never told me anything about other bidders.
Just that there was a few other people with offers and that he would choose the highest one.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 11:47:13 AM »
And since i'm getting questioned privately - my first offer was for the $75 that the ad stated as a price.
The seller is the one who initiated bidding war due to multiple buyers.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Lime Seville
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 12:39:57 PM »
I was one of the other bidders. I tapped out at $150.
for what its worth, the seller never told me anything about other bidders.
Just that there was a few other people with offers and that he would choose the highest one.
And since i'm getting questioned privately - my first offer was for the $75 that the ad stated as a price.
The seller is the one who initiated bidding war due to multiple buyers.
Offered $75 initially. He told me he'd take the highest offer from the three of us. Offered $150 max.  That's when he slipped & said someone would beat any & all offers.  I have a feeling that the seller is keeping it, researching, & gonna put it back up for serious $$$ in the future.  He's gonna get all his research info from the WKC[emoji848]

BTW, are these questions polite, or is someone overstepping?  I got a couple PMs, but they were just wanting to know where I found it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:47:41 PM by brewtownbeatdown »

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 12:45:16 PM »
Getting that to CA woulda been time consuming, expensive, or both.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »
I have it on good authority that none other that Agent X himself got it.....it has indeed been sold.  The original seller no longer has it, so you need not burden yourself with wild plots of seller subterfuge.......

Sent from a rotary phone

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 01:46:19 PM »
Offered $75 initially. He told me he'd take the highest offer from the three of us. Offered $150 max.  That's when he slipped & said someone would beat any & all offers.  I have a feeling that the seller is keeping it, researching, & gonna put it back up for serious $$$ in the future.  He's gonna get all his research info from the WKC[emoji848]

BTW, are these questions polite, or is someone overstepping?  I got a couple PMs, but they were just wanting to know where I found it.

I think its fine.
There's just a habit of these types of situations turning into silly drama about grill prices and who is to blame. :)

I knew Brian was the one who actually got it, but I didn't want to spill the beans in case he wanted to keep it private.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »
Getting that to CA woulda been time consuming, expensive, or both.

Yes. My dad drives out from IL about once per year to visit. I would have sweet-talked him into bringing it for me :)

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 01:47:32 PM »
I have it on good authority that none other that Agent X himself got it.....it has indeed been sold.  The original seller no longer has it, so you need not burden yourself with wild plots of seller subterfuge.......

Sent from a rotary phone

Lets see some pics!! Looked pretty nice in the pics.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 01:56:05 PM »
I'll talk to Agent X and see if he can send me some....

Sent from a rotary phone

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 01:57:04 PM »
I'll talk to Agent X and see if he can send me some....

Sent from a rotary phone

Here is a pic....more to come

Sent from a rotary phone

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »
I think its fine.
There's just a habit of these types of situations turning into silly drama about grill prices and who is to blame. :)

I knew Brian was the one who actually got it, but I didn't want to spill the beans in case he wanted to keep it private.
You mean to tell me that we jacked up a fellow member?  A fellow member who sculpts wooden masterpieces for our grills?  This is bad, real bad, for our kettle karma.