Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blue Stainless Performer  (Read 5461 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Blue Stainless Performer
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:47:52 PM »
Picked up a blue stainless performer today. I have been wanting a blue for a long time and finally one popped up in my area. I immediately texted the seller and set up a meeting. When I got there he said he must have priced it too low because he had lots of offers. I really appreciate the fact that he held on to it for me and didn't try to jack up the price or sell it out from under me.

Here is the pic.

Came with the propane tank, a cover, and the wire charcoal baskets.

I haven't had a chance to check it out in detail yet but hope to this weekend. There are a few issues. First off it is missing the ash sweeper handle and blades. Does anyone know which part number the ash sweeper for this model is?  It is a 1995 (date code EO). Any common difficulties with replacing it?

Also, the ignitor isn't working but I'm not sure if that is because the propane is out. I will try to refill it this weekend.

I will break it down and a take a closer look this weekend. Overall I am excited.

However, this will cause one dilemma. I made an agreement with my wife that I would get rid of a Weber if I picked this one up. I'm not sure if I should get rid of my red master touch, my green performer or my 26" kettle. I use my green performer the most and I feel like the red master touch is more rare. I use the 26" the least but it is nice to have when I need to grill a lot of food. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 05:50:12 PM by tb80 »
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Blue Stainless Performer
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:20:26 PM »
That looks like a great pick up. And a hell of a decision to have to make. I would try just keeping my head down for a while. "Honey, I'm working on it. It's like nobody wants my red Master Touch."

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:28:33 PM »
thats a good one.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

RSHU

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 06:30:20 PM »
Nice pickup! Yes you need to find a way to keep them all. Maybe you can show her pictures of guys with 15-20 grills!

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 06:32:19 PM »
Thanks guys.

In researching the ash sweep issue, it appears I need the old 7409 ash sweep but it is discontinued. Anyone know where I can find one or how I can modify it accordingly?

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 06:32:39 PM »
The ash sweep is gonna be an issue. 7409 or 7904, I believe. Discontinued from Weber. A member may be able to help. That being said... This grill looks to be in damn fine shape. And one that would stop me from checking CL several times a day.
Still need a 22” yellow

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »

The ash sweep is gonna be an issue. 7409 or 7904, I believe. Discontinued from Weber.

That's what I was afraid of. I will have to take a closer look this weekend and see what else it needs, if anything.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 06:36:48 PM »
Gorgeous!  Congratulations.  I like the stainless so much more than the plastic.  Looking forward to seeing the finished pics!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 07:27:19 PM »
you need to renegotiate the get one/lose one deal.

very very bad.  ;)

Love that Blue SSP. I have one too.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 08:52:43 PM »
I made the same agreement with my wife. When I had 10 grills. Now at 20 plus I tell her but I don't have that one yet ;). Just keep it an see if she keep pushing it. If she pushes it, hide it behind the garage, friends, and for gods sake do not enter into a agreement like that again!
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 09:04:28 PM »
I made the same deal. Now that I'm ready to move one on... She won't let me.
Still need a 22” yellow

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 10:41:57 PM »
Your SSP came with the 7409 ash sweep assembly.  It can be replaced with the latest sweep assembly 7444 with some difficulty.  Your SSP has the old style ash catcher ring mounting method (an ash catcher bar that holds the ring in place).   Some times they fit, some times they need tuning.   Just do a search here, it's been discussed quite a bit in the recent past.  Sorry I don't have a direct link, but my PC went down for a couple of weeks and I lost all my juicy data :(                                    SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 03:42:37 AM »

Your SSP came with the 7409 ash sweep assembly.  It can be replaced with the latest sweep assembly 7444 with some difficulty.  Your SSP has the old style ash catcher ring mounting method (an ash catcher bar that holds the ring in place).   Some times they fit, some times they need tuning.   Just do a search here, it's been discussed quite a bit in the recent past.  Sorry I don't have a direct link, but my PC went down for a couple of weeks and I lost all my juicy data :(                                    SJ

So is there even a chance of installing a new h clip ash sweep with the older style ash catcher bowl?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 03:54:23 AM »
@tb80 not only is there a chance, it's a direct fit. The challenge lies not there but with how to then suspend the ash pan's ring. I highly recommend using standard metal radiator or heater hose clamps around the leg sockets. More secure than the original method anyway. Get like 1 1/2" size at the auto parts store, loop through the ring and so on.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 05:27:42 AM »
@tb80 not only is there a chance, it's a direct fit. The challenge lies not there but with how to then suspend the ash pan's ring. I highly recommend using standard metal radiator or heater hose clamps around the leg sockets. More secure than the original method anyway. Get like 1 1/2" size at the auto parts store, loop through the ring and so on.

I still have the ash catcher bar as shown in this pic (note - the pic below is not mine):

Can I attach the new ash sweep assembly along with the ash catcher bar to the old style ash bowl?