Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Newer Master-Touch Wheels - Whitewalls??  (Read 6750 times)

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Re: The Newer Master-Touch Wheels - Whitewalls??
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 05:11:31 AM »
Wow, that looks fantastic.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

the Tamale Kid

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 06:54:17 AM »
SIDE NOTE:  If anyone is on the fence regarding purchasing an Ivory M/T …. Get it!  They are quite something to see in person.

MacEggs, I've been toying with the idea of ordering a M/T from Canada. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to get it to your door here in the states?
Hunting for Lime, Blue Wave, Yellow, Red, Ivory, & Blue kettles

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 07:34:27 AM »
SIDE NOTE:  If anyone is on the fence regarding purchasing an Ivory M/T …. Get it!  They are quite something to see in person.

MacEggs, I've been toying with the idea of ordering a M/T from Canada. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to get it to your door here in the states?

I live in Canada, so I just went to the store and bought it.  You may want to message some of the guys that have had them shipped stateside.

Here is a thread that got everyone excited:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/weber-colored-master-touch!!!/
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

the Tamale Kid

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 07:43:23 AM »

I live in Canada, so I just went to the store and bought it.  You may want to message some of the guys that have had them shipped stateside.

Here is a thread that got everyone excited:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/weber-colored-master-touch!!!/

:-[  That's what I get for posting before I've had my first cup of coffee. BTW your M/T is simply amazing!

Thanks for the link Mac!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 03:58:04 PM »
Did up some burgers on the Ivory M/T for this evening's supper.

I'm so glad I dragged it up from the cold, dark and dungy basement.  ???  Give it some light, and fresh air.  8)

I honestly cannot stop staring at it ….

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 05:00:34 PM »
Did up some burgers on the Ivory M/T for this evening's supper.

I'm so glad I dragged it up from the cold, dark and dungy basement.  ???  Give it some light, and fresh air.  8)

I honestly cannot stop staring at it ….

That looks amazing!  Is it the lighting of the pic or the new wheels.  It just looks more purer or holier than before.   :) :) :) ;)

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 06:47:12 PM »
Wow. That look great! Were these whitewalls from Weber, or did you fabricate them, @Uncle Al ?

Further to Bob BQ's question, do the original white walls fit the newer style wheels?

@Bob BQ These were custom fabricated on a laser cutter.

@bear The old style wheel's whitewalls do not fit the new style wheels.  That is what prompted firing up the laser to see what could be done about it!

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »
Here are some pictures of the whitewalls paired up with my smoke M/T.  Oh, and a before one for reference  ;)

the Tamale Kid

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 08:12:04 PM »
Those M/Ts are beauties! Not hijacking the thread but just wanted to mention...I'm so bummed, I contacted JCCayer to look into ordering either an ivory or spring green M/T from Canada. Turns out they're no longer shipping to the states. I reached out to fellow WKC'er mcgolden to see how he recently acquired an ivory, and he confirmed that the website no longer offers shipping to the U.S. as an option. :(

So for those of us that missed the boat, we can only hope that Weber has a similar offering in the U.S. for the very near future!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 04:34:54 AM »
@Uncle Al , as you know how I feel …. The whitewalls make it look a thousand times better.  Great comparison pics.

@the Tamale Kid , here is a pdf file.  Scroll down to where the dealers are listed.
You may want to check out the dealers in British Columbia (BC), Alberta, or Saskatchewan (Regina, Saskatoon).  They would be closer to your location.

http://drmz.net/weber/Weber_MT_Colours-e.pdf

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 07:24:35 AM »
Those look great.  Way better than the gray for sure!

Craig

• WKC Mod
The Newer Master-Touch Wheels - Whitewalls??
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 04:09:42 PM »
I think we have found ourselves a new popular mod for the modern Master Touch and 26 kettles. I love the treads on the new 8" tires. The previous generation 8"s (26er 2010-14 tread style) looked too cheap. I still have a soft spot for the 80s-2009 Classic whitewall 8s

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2016, 05:01:32 PM »
I think we have found ourselves a new popular mod for the modern Master Touch and 26 kettles.

I think you are absolutely correct.  Looks bad ass on that Ivory and Smoke MT.  We can't ignore Spring Green MT. So, I got hold of @Uncle Al and had him send me a set for mine today.

I like to thank and give credit to @MacEggs for envisioning something better for the stock boring gray hubcaps. Same goes for @Uncle Al for making these up.

Weber should really look into this and make this factory stock replacement in the future.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:49:32 PM by greenweb »

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »
I think we have found ourselves a new popular mod for the modern Master Touch and 26 kettles. I love the treads on the new 8" tires. The previous generation 8"s (26er 2010-14 tread style) looked too cheap. I still have a soft spot for the 80s-2009 Classic whitewall 8s

@Craig I think we will get to see an example on a new 26'er soon  ;)

Cellar2ful

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2016, 06:45:06 PM »

@Craig I think we will get to see an example on a new 26'er soon  ;)

Clairvoyant?
"Chasing Classic Kettles"