Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help: bent baffle  (Read 2113 times)

3sSecurity

• Smokey Joe
Help: bent baffle
« on: February 16, 2016, 08:29:13 AM »
So I closed the vents in my 26 one touch the other day to sit down my fire and save some coal. Came back an hour later and the fire was still hot. Turns out the my bottom baffle is bent.  Hoping one of you guys can give me some insight to bend it back.

You can see the gap caused by the bend here

Looks simple enough to bend back but I can't figure out how to take it apart. Anyone know how the remove the vent lever show below? Is it just press fit in there? I'm trying to avoid breaking it completely

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Help: bent baffle
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 08:56:51 AM »
take it apart, bend it back

clean the bowl with a razor scraper while you have it apart

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 09:29:57 AM »
Yeah, like Mike's link will tell you......flathead driver in between the uprights of the "H" clip, then rotate the handle.....you can see in your pic where there's a small notch for the rib on the end of the handle to slide out.....

The sweeps are numbered 1. 2 & 3 so just get them back in the same order on on reassemble.....
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

3sSecurity

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 10:13:03 AM »
@3sSecurity -  Here you go.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/h-clip-handle-removal/
You're the man. Thanks for the quick response. I searched on here last night but couldn't find anything, so apparently I need to work on my search skills.

It's all fixed up and put back together. Should be able to control my temp a bit better now.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 10:15:45 AM »
@3sSecurity -  Here you go.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/h-clip-handle-removal/
You're the man. Thanks for the quick response. I searched on here last night but couldn't find anything, so apparently I need to work on my search skills.

It's all fixed up and put back together. Should be able to control my temp a bit better now.

Glad I could help.  Took me a few searches to find it.  Eventually found it searching for "screwdriver handle."  Did it make a loud pop almost like you broke something?  I've only had to remove a handle once and I seem to remembering it making a pretty loud sounds like I had broken something when it popped!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 10:50:22 AM »
Same thing happened to my copper.  There is a short YouTube video on how to remove.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 01:08:33 PM »
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.