Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Veggie Recipies  (Read 2631 times)

BBQFiend

• Smokey Joe
Veggie Recipies
« on: February 05, 2016, 10:08:55 AM »
As much as I love meat as I get older and have kids veggies are even more important to incorporate in my meals. Would anyone be willing to share their favorite grilled veggie recipe?
Weber 22" Kettle Grill

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Re: Veggie Recipies
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 10:23:49 AM »
Do you have a cast iron skillet?  If not, get a 10"-12" lodge and you can cook all kinds of veggies on it on the grill.

We buy frozen veggies (broccoli, okra, green beans, etc...) and then throw them in the skillet with some olive oil and whatever spices you want. They turn out great. And it is super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

BBQFiend

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 10:27:25 AM »
I've been thinking about getting one of those skillets for awhile. Either one of those or a grill basket specially made for vegetables. What spices do you normally use?
Weber 22" Kettle Grill

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 10:31:49 AM »
My go to is cavenders Greek seasoning but just garlic salt and pepper work good too.

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

3sSecurity

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 12:52:52 PM »
My go to is cavenders Greek seasoning but just garlic salt and pepper work good too.

I love Greek spices on grilled vegetables. I use it on zuchini, peppers and red onion.

Asparagus is also good on the grill with just some salt and pepper with olive oil. I usually do them in a flat grill pan, but they can go right on the grate or in a cast iron skillet.

Brussel sprouts are really good in a cast iron skilllet, chop in half, drizzle with a little oil, salt and pepper. Then cut up some bacon into small pieces and throw them on top. Roast on the grill for about 40 minutes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 02:11:55 PM »

I love Greek spices on grilled vegetables. I use it on zuchini, peppers and red onion.

Asparagus is also good on the grill with just some salt and pepper with olive oil. I usually do them in a flat grill pan, but they can go right on the grate or in a cast iron skillet.

Brussel sprouts are really good in a cast iron skilllet, chop in half, drizzle with a little oil, salt and pepper. Then cut up some bacon into small pieces and throw them on top. Roast on the grill for about 40 minutes.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Once cooked, try tossing your brussel sprouts with some parmesan cheese and then drizzle with some fresh squeezed lemon juice!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Veggie Recipies
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 04:58:11 PM »
If you are grilling a steak, try some mushrooms in the skillet along with a splash of red wine and/or Worcester sauce with some salt and pepper and garlic is good as well.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 05:04:00 PM »
Blanch fresh green beans, shock in ice bath. Toss in olive oil, Mrs. Dash and salt. Wrap 5-6 beans in 1/2 strip of bacon. Grill indirect till bacon is crisp.
Still need a 22” yellow

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 08:06:43 PM »
Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus. Drizzle Olive Oil on the Asparagus and salt and pepper it. Take the Prosciutto and spread some Philadelphia Cream Cheese  on it. Wrap a little bunch of the Asparagus stalks in the Prosciutto with the cheese and grill direct over medium heat turning often, careful not to cook the meat to fast or burn it, when the Prosciutto has a nice color and the Asparagus is done, enjoy

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 05:29:19 AM »
Roast Brussel sprouts to your preferred done mess. While roasting combine 2T shallots 1 1/2 T of olive oil , 2t of Dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar 1 garlic clove and salt and pepper to taste. Once Brussel sprouts are done toss in sauce and eat

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »
For the most part I keep it really simple and have never had a complaint. Veggies with a light coating of olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt.

I put asparagus and quartered zucchini directly on the grill. Smaller stuff (tomato, red onion, various peppers, etc.) goes in a grill basket.

Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »
One if my favorites is grilled romain lettuce hearts , brush the romain with a good vinaigrette and grill until the leaves slightly wilt and get aslight char to them . Course chop and serve

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 06:50:50 AM »
Sometimes I use skewers to stack cut up vegges (usually with meat inbetween). I have some stainless wires that I use sometimes and they work great.

Recently I'v grilled, indirectly, several flavors of squash including Butternut, Delicata, Acorn, Pumpkin, Spaghetti, Zucchini, Carnival, and Hubbard. All homegrown. They normally get cut in half and gutted, then S&P. Butter or oil smeared around in there can make nice flavors. A pinch of pumpkin pie type spice can make you damn near nutty. Shredded cheese or Tuscan style herbs, gravy, maple syrup, hot sauce, vinegar or marinara sauce  can make squash tasty too.

Potatoes can be cooked 1000 ways on the grill. We like to wedge the taters and throw them in a bag with a little oil and some rub or herbs then shake it around to coat everything before grilling. Planks work too. There's been some really good tater recipes pop up here lately on the forum as well.

The grill basket can cook alot of stuff and you can use foil to make boat or to completely wrap & seal in (steaming) a wide variety of vegges. A cast iron pan or stainless bowl can be used the same way.

Grilled pumpkin stew is good too.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/grilled-pumpkin-stew/
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 05:17:11 PM »
Don't forget radishes. They are great, I often cook radishes, zucchini, and onions in a seasoned foil pouch while grilling beef or chicken.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 07:43:43 PM »
I like broccoli crowns on the grill. I cut them in half so that they have a flat side, toss them in evoo with garlic, salt, and pepper.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC