Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just a quick Pizza Que dinner  (Read 2632 times)

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
Just a quick Pizza Que dinner
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 05:59:29 AM »
I cant wait for the Kingsford sales to start either. I bought 75 lbs of Stubbs right before Christmas and I'm out a month later. Just used up a bag of lump I had sitting here. Heading to Lowe's tomorrow for more Stubbs. Will by Kingsford when on sale

I know Stubb's longevity is good, but have you found it to smoke more than most others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 06:01:04 AM by kettlecook »

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
Re: Just a quick Pizza Que dinner
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 06:42:51 AM »

Dang, it's not like I don't have enough accessories already. This thing looks awesome. The only thing that trips me out is how in the instructions they say to add 10lbs of charcoal. That's quite a bit if you're just gonna cook 4 pizzas. The pizza does look fantastic though. I'll probably try to get that kit as a christmas or bday present for myself. Maybe my father's day gif? So many possibilities.

10 lbs of charcoal?! Dang. For the Kettlepizza we just use one chimney of K, as the inventor recommends. Although KComp does a little better than Kbb, the high heat is from the flames off the wood. I start off with one decent sized split of hickory in the back with one good sized chunk to either side of it. I might add a couple small splits after the third pizza or so, but if you do it right the wood coals make adding charcoal unnecessary.

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 06:31:19 PM »
I cant wait for the Kingsford sales to start either. I bought 75 lbs of Stubbs right before Christmas and I'm out a month later. Just used up a bag of lump I had sitting here. Heading to Lowe's tomorrow for more Stubbs. Will by Kingsford when on sale

I know Stubb's longevity is good, but have you found it to smoke more than most others?

I don't notice any more smoke using Stubbs vs. Kingsford or think Kingsford smells nasty like others claim. All smoke stinks if you get a good wiff of it up close, unless you are a couple houses down smelling BBQ. The only smoke that smells good to me some times is a Marlboro since I quit 2 years ago. I admit though some times it stinks. I also can't taste any difference in the food cooked on either. It does seem to produce less ash and the bag says it is 99% wood. I will buy Kingsford on the Holiday sales and stock up, when I run out I buy Stubbs until the next sale on Kingsford.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 06:16:02 AM »

I don't notice any more smoke using Stubbs vs. Kingsford or think Kingsford smells nasty like others claim. All smoke stinks if you get a good wiff of it up close, unless you are a couple houses down smelling BBQ. The only smoke that smells good to me some times is a Marlboro since I quit 2 years ago. I admit though some times it stinks. I also can't taste any difference in the food cooked on either. It does seem to produce less ash and the bag says it is 99% wood. I will buy Kingsford on the Holiday sales and stock up, when I run out I buy Stubbs until the next sale on Kingsford.

Thanks.