Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pay it forward if...(Even though it's questionable )  (Read 4243 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Pay it forward if...(Even though it's questionable )
« on: January 19, 2016, 09:33:35 PM »
Pay it forward if...

My cousin’s birthday this past weekend and he is a Bud Light guy and I have been looking for a Bud Light grill for him (Even though he tells my wife she is nuts for me having so many grills). So the day before his party one show’s up on Illinois “CraigsList” I contact the seller and he tells me there is another buyer interested in it! NOOOO! I check the WKC Site and no on one has posted anything about this grill I let him know I will give him $10.00 more if he can hold it until the next morning. He agrees to a price of $40.00.

I contact another WKC @ctwhyme and we agree to get this for my cousin’s birthday he's also a friend and a brother to my cousin.  I also let him know I’ll pickup “The Brat Stop” Brats in Kenosha Wi. on the trip.

I head out around 7:45AM for a 45min drive and pickup the grill then the brats.

Next 3+ hrs cleaning the grill the best I can in that time. Just as I am done I get the US mail and my Blackhawks handles from @zavod44 are being delivered! Yes the perfect gift!

7:PM the the party everything is a go  :).

Myself and ctwhyme did well on this gift for my cousin even though like I said "I'm nuts for having so many grills". His wife on the other hand said “This is it Danny! NO more grills!” I smiled and said I can’t promise anything and walked away. 

He now has 3 and a smoker. That’s not a lot right?

First got home

Now done and almost done...

and now that photobucket decides to work!!!

PS if it was another WKC member Sorry it was for a soon to be WKC member ;D
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
Re: Pay it forward if...(Even though it's questionable )
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 09:41:26 PM »
Wow, very nice clean up, especially considering the time crunch. I bet he was pretty stoked! Only downside is now you need to reorder your handles.  ;D
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

RSHU

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:36:52 PM »
Looks awesome, what a great gift! Nice job!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 11:22:09 PM »

PS if it was another WKC member Sorry it was for a soon to be WKC member ;D

Nice grab!!!  I'm the other buyer. I was in Lake Geneva en route to Antioch to grab it when the seller, Gary, called to cancel. He blamed it on his girlfriend (who says chivalry is dead?).  Glad to know it went to someone who'd really appreciate it though.

Fu€k Gary, you're cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 03:28:37 AM »
At least the handle showed up in the nick of time....awesome story glad I could contribute a little.  It looked beautiful when you were done with it.....tell your cousins wife to mind her own business

Sent from a rotary phone

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 04:19:23 AM »
Right on Dan. 3 Kettles is not too many at all and the Zav's Tex that 18 up big time.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 04:36:47 AM »
I imagine the grillbabys are beating off their finger tips trying to SCREAM AT YOU FOR SCREWING THEM, in a reply of sorts. They probly got tampons taped to their eyes to try and control the crying.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 05:07:20 AM »
Awesome!....that is top on my search list....I want one!...well a blue 18...Bud light will do

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 05:38:11 AM »

Nice grab!!!  I'm the other buyer. I was in Lake Geneva en route to Antioch to grab it when the seller, Gary, called to cancel. He blamed it on his girlfriend (who says chivalry is dead?).  Glad to know it went to someone who'd really appreciate it though.

Fu€k Gary, you're cool

8) Sorry man just had to get it for him.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 05:39:36 AM »

I imagine the grillbabys are beating off their finger tips trying to SCREAM AT YOU FOR SCREWING THEM, in a reply of sorts. They probly got tampons taped to their eyes to try and control the crying.
I assume that's meant for me. You felt the need to defend the honor of  @shoestringshop? He's plenty capable. I meant what I said in the post. I think @shoestringshop is a stand-up guy. He left an 18" Brownie at a seller for me when he found out I was wanting it. My disdain is for the seller who knew I was en route to pick it up. It was 75 minutes from my house & the seller cancels when I'm 20 minutes away & then blames his girlfriend. I didn't have a huge interest in it, other than it was priced right. He!!, I was actually gonna contact @firedude5015 to offer it to him. He told me some time ago that he wanted a blue Weber.

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 05:40:08 AM »
That turned out sweet! I like the shade of handles against that blue.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 05:50:46 AM »

8) Sorry man just had to get it for him.

It's not a problem.  Actually, my intent was to offer it to @firedude5015.  I'm truly glad it went to someone who's gonna cherish it. Can you ask your cousin to name it "Maxi", after my tear tampons. It would "probly" be fitting.

ctwhyme

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 06:05:48 AM »
Thanks for the props bud, but all I did was carry it into the bar! I still owe you $$$ too!! LMAO
Looks fantastic.. It may come up missing as I know where he lives! :)
Don't make me angry! You wouldn't like me grilling when I'm angry!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 06:11:45 AM »
At least the handle showed up in the nick of time....awesome story glad I could contribute a little.  It looked beautiful when you were done with it.....tell your cousins wife to mind her own business

Sent from a rotary phone

@zavod44   Talk about timing! Thanks again man, He loved it!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 06:26:59 AM »

I assume that's meant for me. You felt the need to defend the honor of  @Shoestringshop? He's plenty capable. I meant what I said in the post. I think @Shoestringshop is a stand-up guy. He left an 18" Brownie at a seller for me when he found out I was wanting it. My disdain is for the seller who knew I was en route to pick it up. It was 75 minutes from my house & the seller cancels when I'm 20 minutes away & then blames his girlfriend. I didn't have a huge interest in it, other than it was priced right. He!!, I was actually gonna contact @firedude5015 to offer it to him. He told me some time ago that he wanted a blue Weber.

Not you specifically, but rather the whole group of grillbabys that go out in public forums crying about how they were screwed on a CL deal.

Must be embarrassing.

Next time that happens why dont you go to the sellers place and wait for the the sniper to get there so you can give them both a brewtown beatdown.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need