Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The TRUE White Whales List  (Read 1657 times)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
The TRUE White Whales List
« on: January 15, 2016, 11:48:27 AM »
How about a list of the true grails or White Whales? Not personal grails like acquiring an Imperial Blue or the grill nicknamed the white whale, the Plainsman, which has been found a few times (and which I've personally, stupidly, let one slip through my fingers) but those grills that are so rare, they've never been found or spotted outside of catalogs or posters.

Off the top of my head, I can think of:
George's Original (though I think one member saw the base, no lid, to one at a flea market once).
A Wishing Well (though I seem to remember (@Harris maybe?) saying that one existed in the Atlanta area.
An Ambassador, or any Yellow Ochre kettle
A Barrel-B-Q
The Penthouse
The Flamenco(?-I know that the cast iron stuff gets a little wonky because of the other manufacturers used, but I don't think I've seen one of these yet)

What else is missing before the WKC collects (or at least has seen, in the case of the meat parts grill, which I don't think anybody acquired but was on ebay) them all?

For variants, I think the red fireplace and whatever size fireplace, in red and black, that wasn't bought off of ebay, and a Ranch rotisserie might be on that sub-list.  Maybe a 26" C&T ring? I'm not including the Yellow Ochre as a variant but as an actual White Whale because I don't think anything of that color has ever surfaced, whereas there's countless red grills and old rotisseries, and at least 1 known fireplace.

harris92

• WKC Performer
Re: The TRUE White Whales List
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 12:38:08 PM »
Barrel -B-Q in Metro Atlanta
2 Meat parts grill - 1 in Atlanta and 1 in Chicago
Flamenco in Wisconsin
Yes, there are also reports of a complete George's Original outside of Weber HQs

Interesting the Plainsman was not offered in the catalog like the Ambassador.  The Plainsman only appeared on a 50 year timeline.

Troy

• Statesman
Re: The TRUE White Whales List
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 02:01:39 PM »
Barrel -B-Q in Metro Atlanta
2 Meat parts grill - 1 in Atlanta and 1 in Chicago
Flamenco in Wisconsin
Yes, there are also reports of a complete George's Original outside of Weber HQs

Interesting the Plainsman was not offered in the catalog like the Ambassador.  The Plainsman only appeared on a 50 year timeline.

There's been two other meat parts grills too, but both parties aren't all that interested in selling. One is very beat up, the other seems decent.
After the RIDICULOUS idiocracy and drama that revolved around the first one, I had absolutely no interest in helping the other two to the surface.