Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Detroit Auto Show Grills  (Read 3347 times)

jbenavidez2

• WKC Brave
Detroit Auto Show Grills
« on: January 12, 2016, 05:50:55 AM »
Oh look at those bodies!  Painted to the new ford colors.  Too bad weber doesn't offer them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blues

Currently have: 26.75 Gold; 22.5 SS Performer (Red Mist); 22.5 Mastertouch (Ivory); 18 Sam Adams (Copper); SJS; Jumbo Joe; 18.5 WSM; Genesis EP-330 LP (Copper); Summit S-450 NG; Fireplace; Firepit; Summit 400 Flat Top; Simpsons 22.5 Gold

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Detroit Auto Show Grills
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:02:58 AM »
Very cool
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

jbenavidez2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:05:43 AM »
Credit to Eric Tung, Fords' Social Media Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blues

Currently have: 26.75 Gold; 22.5 SS Performer (Red Mist); 22.5 Mastertouch (Ivory); 18 Sam Adams (Copper); SJS; Jumbo Joe; 18.5 WSM; Genesis EP-330 LP (Copper); Summit S-450 NG; Fireplace; Firepit; Summit 400 Flat Top; Simpsons 22.5 Gold

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 08:04:17 AM »
interesting way for ford to show the new focus colors, no?  :o 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 09:30:48 AM »
So, Ford just picked "a recognizable thing" to repaint to highlight car colors? Interesting.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 10:00:36 AM »
This gets me thinking how much I would love to see a pearlized kettle.....
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »
Maybe their display design guy is a WKC member :)

Te smokey joes do a great job of showing off the colors from all angles. Swatches aren't exciting enough. Everyone does panels, but even panels don't show off all the colors from ALL angles. Plus they're harder to layout. The grills are domed and have a square footprint, perfect for that application.

stellato1976

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 11:15:38 AM »
ford should give away a matching color weber with every new car purchase.
Stay grilling  my friends!!!!

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 11:21:48 AM »
ford should give away a matching color weber with every new car purchase.
That would get really expensive for a lot of us here.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
Nice way to pull people into the booth. Original..
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 12:05:16 PM »
So, no Weber logos anywhere? How does that work?
Growing family = growing kettles!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 03:33:32 PM »
Damn, I would love one in that silver/grey color (upper right corner)

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 03:33:48 PM »
Weber that is...

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 05:20:45 AM »
Maybe their display design guy is a WKC member :)

Te smokey joes do a great job of showing off the colors from all angles. Swatches aren't exciting enough. Everyone does panels, but even panels don't show off all the colors from ALL angles. Plus they're harder to layout. The grills are domed and have a square footprint, perfect for that application.

Excellent points.

So, no Weber logos anywhere? How does that work?

Normally, by "deleting" a logo you won't be responsible for compensating the company for providing the product that helps you sell your product. (Even though it's "free advertising" for the providing company, on some level.)

"Providing" is an interesting term, because it might not have been acquired from the company directly but instead, purchased at retail and then modified. It could be cheaper to purchase it rather than given the product but then have to pay the company for the privilege.

For years, Apple's logo has been removed from all sorts of Macintosh computers on TV appearing in sitcoms or commercials for example. Microsoft infamously did it once for a print ad. Talk about awkward.

In Ford's case they would have had to create new lid vents, here sans text and handle tab. And have the paint removed and repainted. Probably not difficult for a car company to make happen. Not sure why the SJ Premium lid handle was used, unless the gray Weber logo is easier to remove than the white logo on the regular SJ's handle.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch