Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: You guys are going to get me killed  (Read 2349 times)

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
You guys are going to get me killed
« on: December 22, 2015, 11:51:02 AM »
Several months ago, I would have walked by this grill and never given it a second thought.

I'm at a customer site today, and we're walking around the building. They receive donations periodically for medical equipment. Sitting next to a stack of wheelchairs was this guy. I asked them what they were going to do with it, they said they had no idea. I said I would be happy to take it off their hands. The guy told me to take it, they would not know what to ask for it anyway. He wasn't going to charge me for it, so I gave them a small cash donation to support the work they're doing.

And now you guys can help me figure out how to tell my wife what just happened. I had told her that there would be no more webers after the MT.

I've talked her into considering a WSM in the future. I don't want to upset those plans.

Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

Jtayres

• WKC Brave
Re: You guys are going to get me killed
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 11:56:16 AM »
The money that transacted was for a "donation" right? :) "Hunny, It was weird. They just gave it to me!"
Kettles: 2015 Performer Deluxe (Green), 2001 One Touch Platinum, 1999 Performer gas assist, 1991 Smokey Joe Gold (Green) Gasser: Genesis Silver B

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 11:58:40 AM »
Haha true. 

I just need to "rehome" this guy before she finds it.  Otherwise I'll need a new home.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 12:09:14 PM »
Looks like a great gift to someone you cook for that seems interested in entering the world of weber.  I'd suggest a single person so you don't get killed by their wife though!  Also, since this one isn't collectable (at least not for another 20-40 years, you could always store this one away somewhere and then sell it for some WSM money, or use it in future trades.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »
just tell her it was for charity. you didn't buy a grill, you made a charitable donation :)
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »
It was a donation to charity.  You did not want to offend the person who offered it to you.  It was for the children!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 12:59:31 PM »
Just gift it to a buddy or sell it and save the $ for the wsm. The wife will be happy that you can keep the weber inventory under control, you can pass kettles on to make someone happy and/or turn a modest profit with your hobby.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 04:24:13 AM »
Haha true. 

I just need to "rehome" this guy before she finds it.  Otherwise I'll need a new home.

A Yellow one I'd say invest in a 2nd home and hide it at that property.  ;), But I would tell her it is for another member and he will pick it up in the summer but said I could use it until then. Then show that you can work on all the grills at the same time.

DO NOT get all the food perfect at the same time less you do not want to use this excuse in the future. When the member doesn't pickup (( and we know he wont ::))) say "I CONTACTED HIM!!! I SHOULD JUST TOSS THIS THING OUT!" She will probably say just keep it.  :)
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

THROUGH THE MUD BBQ TEAM

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 09:24:16 AM »
Ha! You guys are all awesome!

It's a good thing there isn't many women on this forum!