Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Do you think that next year's Mastertouch (2016) edition will come in more color  (Read 3720 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
I'm debating buying a Original Kettle Premium in Crimson, but would rather hold out for a Crimson or Blue Mastertouch if I thought they would come out with different colors next year because of the lid holder.  It baffles me that the Original kettle premium is $50 less money but is offered in 4 different colors while the more expensive Mastertouch comes in only one color (black)

Do you think next year's Mastertouch model will come in different colors?

Interested in hearing your thoughts.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
They've already posted the 2016 catalog and it's the same colors I believe. I don't have a link but you can search on here I'm sure.
Growing family = growing kettles!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Here's a link to that catalog, thanks for the suggestion.  Sadly it seems they won't be offering the Mastertouch in anything but Black.  Think I'm going to go ahead and order a Original Kettle in Crimson .

http://www.jimmelkalandscaping.com/Common/PDFs/Custom/JM/2016%20Standard%20Catalog.pdf/
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
Sadly, I am convinced that it no longer occurs  companies to give customers what they really want.  Its all about the mighty dollar and them knowing that we'll buy what they make because there's no other real option and as customers people on average accept it and would rather get what they don't really want then to go without.  I mean how much easier could it be for Weber to find out what their customers want?  Too bad there wasn't some sort of way people across the world who don't know each other could hook up and chat until their hearts content about bbqs and then weber could go on and see what their most loyal customers have to say.  😞

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Amen, brother.

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
GM scours car forums doing this exact thing...good intentions, but many failed attempts. I guess they win quite a few, and that's better than none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Just ordered a crimson original kettle in Crimson for $169 on eBay.  Planning to add some cool handles. Patience is not something I'm good at.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Sadly, I am convinced that it no longer occurs  companies to give customers what they really want.  Its all about the mighty dollar and them knowing that we'll buy what they make because there's no other real option and as customers people on average accept it and would rather get what they don't really want then to go without.  I mean how much easier could it be for Weber to find out what their customers want?  Too bad there wasn't some sort of way people across the world who don't know each other could hook up and chat until their hearts content about bbqs and then weber could go on and see what their most loyal customers have to say.  😞

Unfortunately "most loyal" doesn't always mean the largest business opportunity.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
Very true Gummi but perhaps if they got on board with what the Weber lovers liked they would attract an even larger customer base thus increasing their share of the market thus increasing profits. 

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
Very true Gummi but perhaps if they got on board with what the Weber lovers liked they would attract an even larger customer base thus increasing their share of the market thus increasing profits. 

Nope. Marketing really isn't for the loyal customer.

They've already got you. You're still going to buy, even if it is not exactly the color you want.

The other side of it is weber is not offering color selection for any of the high end kettles. (ranch, 26, MT) these kettles probably represent a very small percentage of total sales. It's probably not cost effective to offer colors. Plus, chances are they've researched the market and discovered that buyers of the high end kettles are going to buy the features or size, not the color, so there is no need to offer colors.

At least with the 22 you can buy a color and upgrade it to a MT if you want to.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
If you want any color in any model in any size, just move to Europe. Weber gives them everything.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
LaTuFu, pretty clearly the answer is for "all the loyal kettle customers" to STOP purchasing NEW Weber Kettles until our demands suggestions are met.  Seems to work for me, only two of my current 14 were purchased new and they were both Forest Green.  Colors, at least in the US, are available on the after market (aka  Craigslist).                     SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
If you want any color in any model in any size, just move to Europe. Weber gives them everything.

Yep, and the street price of a colored MT in the UK is $300+!  :o
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
The other answer, possibly is simply purely net profit.

Weber was purchased by a venture capital/private equity firm in 2012. Those groups rarely make decisions that make sense from a customer perspective, because it lowers their ROI numbers.

Would also explain the terrible new bolt on handles...
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

GregS

• WKC Performer
i'd love a hot pink like they did on the Q. 

a hot pink kettle would be so bad ass. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.