Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **Rolling out the RRR REDHEADS**  (Read 4266 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
**Rolling out the RRR REDHEADS**
« on: October 16, 2015, 02:53:03 PM »
I have been quietly scooping up black OTG's and Silver kettles for potential organ donors to some of the recent REDHEADS that I've acquired over the last few months.

I go for the basket cases of craigslist. Redheaded stepchildren. I say to myself, "I don't NEED another one", but when you see these poor neglected Gingers day after day and no one cares (sob!) I have to act.   BNIB - Nice, but not my gig.

The blackies will provide handles, Ash can assemblies, pans, charcoal grates, wheels and leg sets that are in decent condition. I still had to sit down and assess what parts I'd have to order online, so......

Beautiful day to pull the covers and line 'em up for a group shot!

The daily drivers are Carolyn's Genesis Silver C, the Performer and the 18" Cajun Bandit.

The Master-Touch "EZ" on the left is awaiting ash sweeps and slide aside rollers and has has a new set of legs harvested from an OTG. I haven't decided to install the new style OTG ash can assembly or mod the old style.

Not shown are the Weber 1000 Hot Rod Coffee Roaster and the Master-Touch Cajun Bandit - Red of course!

Thanks for looking! Stay Hungry!

Brian - the tough guy keyboard warrior! Restoring and Pit hacking with a vengeance since 2006!  Left Hand Smoke "Fire it up!" Competition BBQ https://www.facebook.com/Left-Hand-Smoke-116187658462391/?ref=hl
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:58:35 PM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: **Rolling out the RRR REDHEADS**
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 03:01:21 PM »
Sweet collection!  What vent stamps do you have?
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 03:15:24 PM »
Wow!

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 03:20:50 PM »
Excellent collection of Reds!  Thanks for sharing.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 03:29:16 PM »
Sweet collection!  What vent stamps do you have?

This group of codes include:

G, K, L, EE, EI, EZ, and "backwards K & EE"

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 03:31:09 PM »
@swamprb - nice collection.  I've never heard of a backwards EE.  I've heard of the K being all directions but up....my brother in law has a DR that is crooked...not sure what the deal is with that one.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 04:05:21 PM »
Beautiful collection of reds! My favorite color, but they don't come up like that around me. Two in the last year and a half or so...

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 04:13:40 PM »
@swamprb - nice collection.  I've never heard of a backwards EE.  I've heard of the K being all directions but up....my brother in law has a DR that is crooked...not sure what the deal is with that one.

Both of my "K's" are Kittywampus! I need a better camera to get a close up of the Bassacwards EE

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 04:17:51 PM »
"I have to act" - love it.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Santo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 04:20:51 PM »
Excellent collection @swamprb.  Love them redheads, they're kissed by fire before their ever lit. 

What color is the other Q (bottom shelf of the ss table) that you kept it covered up? [emoji16]

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 04:34:14 PM »
Still plenty of room on deck for a MBH or 2 too!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 05:00:48 PM »
My hero 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 05:02:15 PM »
Excellent collection @swamprb.  Love them redheads, they're kissed by fire before their ever lit. 

What color is the other Q (bottom shelf of the ss table) that you kept it covered up? [emoji16]

A Q200 - natural.

Still plenty of room on deck for a MBH or 2 too!

Well, if you heard my wife when she saw them lined up and asked "where did these come from? and I hope you aren't planning on keeping them here?!!"

Not a fan of MBH's. I'll RRR them, but they find new homes. This is one that got a handle mod.

Santo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 05:07:37 PM »

Not a fan of MBH's. I'll RRR them, but they find new homes.

Right here fella, I'll sign up for a MBH redhead.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 05:21:50 PM »
KW, That is a beautiful collection.