Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Found over the last three weeks  (Read 3616 times)

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Found over the last three weeks
« on: October 09, 2015, 02:52:26 PM »
Found these locally in Bakersfield.

The Performer in front I bought three weeks ago. EZ stamp on the lid vent. No gas assist. So when the one in back came up the other day, I wanted it! It has an EI stamp and the gas assist works perfectly.

And at the same time I picked up this H code Brownie.

I haven't done anything too them yet (other than cook on 'em), but I need to look into maybe replacing some handles. I need handles for some of my others anyway. My wife thought I was crazy until I said I was going to sell the first Performer and a black 22. But as soon as I said that, my son protested: "Can't you save them for me?" So I guess I'm keeping them.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Found over the last three weeks
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 03:15:54 PM »
That's awesome. There's a forum member on here that makes handles reasonably priced and they look great. zavod44 is his username

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 03:30:03 PM »
Oooooooooh you're sick. Good to see.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »
Nice!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 04:23:10 PM »
Triple nice find!

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 04:37:30 PM »
Nice finds!
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 05:04:15 PM »
Nice triple play! @zavod44  can hook you up on handles!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 05:53:09 PM »
Your red SS performers are exactly what I've been wanting and seeking without success here in Los Angeles.  Lucky you!  If you ever want to offload one of them ...

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 11:11:24 PM »
Your red SS performers are exactly what I've been wanting and seeking without success here in Los Angeles.  Lucky you!  If you ever want to offload one of them ...

I know the feeling. I saw them on here and thought it was a great color and table, and what followed the stainless steel from Weber seemed to me a downgrade. But I had never seen anything but black in Bakersfield. I really wanted one. So the when the first one came up on CL I couldn't get over to see it for a couple of days, but when I did, I just bought it. And smiled all the way home.

When the other two came up, I really had to think about it...for about two minutes. Life is too short, I'm 55, so what? 1/3 of the way through my lifespan? So I bought them. And smiled all the way home. And probably giggled a bit. I smile every time I look out a back window and see them. I enjoy them totally out of proportion to what they are.

I did have the self-control to leave behind the nice lime 18 that the gentleman also had for sale.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 05:00:40 AM »
I did have the self-control to leave behind the nice lime 18 that the gentleman also had for sale.

That's not self-control, that's just crazy…  :o

Seriously, though… great scores!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 06:12:44 AM »
Man great finds! I guess when it rains it pours. I've been searching for a SS red for a long time.
Can't believe you passed on the lime!? Next time pick it up and offer it to others on the site. Seriously though, great few weeks for any kettle collector!

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 06:47:26 AM »
Good for you, Jon. Thanks for sharing the tale of how / why you come to buy them -- as they used to say when I was younger, I can relate. Enjoy.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 08:11:30 AM »
Great finds Jon, congrats! Pick and choose all the best parts between the two and use them on your "keeper" 8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »
Wow. Great finds.  My wife would have killed me but I would have done the same thing and picked up the like.

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit