Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Labor Day Weekend Burger Throwdown PHOTO Thread - Submit your entry here!  (Read 21999 times)

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
@Craig   OMG  ...   SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Lots of great burger cooks posted so far!  Here's my entry. Nothing special… just your basic Juicy Lucy.

1/4 lb patty, loaded w/ Mister Meathead rub (courtesy of @WNC )… load up w/ cheese. I went w/ the St. Louis specialty… Provel  8). Another 1/4 lb patty, again rubbed with Mister Meathead, then placed over the original patty.

Burgers on the grill…

I can't get enough of this yellow grill…

Plated… then eaten  8)

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
What great looking cookups !!!    I'd better post my offering (although, we ate most of it last night)  ...  your Basic Beer can Bacon Burger w/ simple sides.

The plan is to use my sweet Green11 to saute the stuffing's and mushroom & pepper baked beans while my 'new' Grass Green C&B 'fuse' cooks the beef ...

Here is prelim of the cooks ingredients, a few may be missing but most of it's here ...

"Now is the hour" to prep the stuffing's for the BBBB's ... your basic mushrooms, onions, olives, & red peppers,

Get'em on sweet Green11 and saute  ...  while they're saucing I'll prep the BBBB's (so I can drink that Overcast Stout) ...

Build the BBBB's ... half the stuffings go into the BBBB's bowl & half goes into the beans ...

Fuse is lit, so start the BBBB's and a couple of green peppers ...

While the BBBB's slow cook on the C&B, sweet Green11 smokes and bubbles the beans ...

It's all done, JL is really getting hungry now and is singing that "same old song" ... "when is it going to be ready" ...
Pull'em, show'em, plate'em -and- eat'em ...

Thanks for viewing, stop by next year for dinner ;D ;D ;D                      SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

WNC

• WKC Performer
@Craig my god that cheesy center...I don't know if there are any words! I bet the in laws loved it!

@Bob BQ , never thought about using the meathead rub on burgers, great thinking! The juicy lucies look great on that yellow! I'm loving that grill too!

@SmokenJoe the stuffies look awesome, I'll be stopping by next time for sure!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
WKC Labor Day Weekend Burger Throwdown PHOTO Thread - Submit your entry here!
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 07:49:51 AM »
Diablo Burgers

Boneless Chicken hot wings stuffed into a juicy beef patty , topped with pepper bacon , blue cheese and a creamy sriricha mayo . Served with garlic steak fries and an Asian slaw .

First I made the sauce , mayo , sriricha , sweetened condensed milk, red pepper and sour cream .

Today Im using the " B " is for Burgers B code 22" with the gourmet grill system , kingsford blue bag and applewood .

Got the bacon going and threw on some store bought boneless chicken hot wings to bake at the same time .

Once they were ready I allowed them time to cool , meanwhile I prepared my Franks Hot sauce and butter to pour over the wings

I got 5 wings or so per burger and then filled the cavity with the sauce

The kids passed on this version...for some reason :)

Once the kids were out of the way it was time to get the Diablos smoking. After a quick sear I moved them off to indirect heat to take in some applewood smoke .

It's a rainy cold day and starting to get dark

After the burgers reached about 145 , I topped with some blue cheese and the bacon

Sautéed the steak fries with garlic and butter and finished with Parmesan cheese

Time to build the burgers
Sauce on the bottom with lettuce and tomato

Some red onion on top and more sauce

A toasted bun and we're all set

No farm animal was spared in the making of this burger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:21:10 AM by Idahawk »
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
So at he last minute my wife invited the neighbors down for some burgers.....If Troy is reading this i was Pete and his wife and kids...Anyhow it was no big ordeal, but I figured I would post a few pics to join in the fun, and no I didn't throw anything on the ground...although I was making s'mores later and I did drop a few marshmallows.   

So I thought I would drag out an oldie for some Labor Day action, the 26 brownie got the nod....

I had to shore up the front leg, it was sitting on an uneven part of the lawn....The burgers were the standard fair, we did add some herb  butter into the mix.....

Of course the kids needed hot dogs......

Smoke obscured the whole scene

I needed some table space so I dragged out the old  Weber side table

A little cheese

Served with some chips, mac and cheese on a paper plate.......love America on the holidays!   Was a good excuse to fire up a vintage grill and hang with the neighbors.....

Was very tasty.....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:46:09 AM by zavod44 »
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

SixZeroFour

Unreal entries you guys! Wow!

Here's my humble chicken burgers from last night. Broccoli courtesy of my lovely wife, brew courtesy of some fine Dutchmen ;D

I have no clue why I didn't think of trying this sooner... it works fine as-is but I am going to make up some longer legs so they can come all the way up through the table just as they would stock.

Keep em' coming guys! and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Man there are some good looking burgers posted!! I really have a taste for a burger now. Off to the grocery store for meat. I will try to post some pics later.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
This is my Ultimate Island Hangover Burger.

Hot and spicy pineapple chutney that I blended down with the boat motor. The rest of the burger contents are SPAM, 1/2 lb ground beef burger, kimchi, Colby jack cheese, and egg all on a King Hawiaan burger bun.

Some love it, many hate it. 8)

Finally plated after taking all these pics. Can't have this without Hawiaan Maui Onion chips.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:42:48 AM by Nate »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
My entry

Going with 2 cheese stuffed bacon burgs.

Wright Brand(pic is horrible) bacon

just bought this Cuisinart stuffed burger press.

Red gets the call tonight

Lil Weber steak seasoning

Action shot

Extra sharp cheddar inside and provolone on the top

Served up on a toasted pretzel bun with lettuce chipotle mayo and ketchup, no fancy plates for me.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Whoa Nate, that is an amazing burger.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

WNC

• WKC Performer
Some great burgers have been posted since last I looked!
Here's mine

All the players (Colby Jack cheese is staying cool in the fridge) The two fatter burgers are for the wife, stuffed with Swiss cheese!

The new (to me) avocado thumbscrew awaiting it's return to cooking glory!

Burgers on, along with some grilled onions

IT'S BACK AND SMOKING!!!

Bacon, then cheese, then melt. Toast buns!

Wife's plate

My plate. The double, with grilled onions, 1000 island, pickles, and lettuce, all on a sesame seed bun. Just the way I like it!

Cut shot

Some great looking burgers all! I had fun with this one, and of course couldn't have been more happy cooking on my new cooker. 
Couldn't think of a better way to break her in!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Fantastic looking burgers and cookers everyone ! 

Looking forward to trying so many of these recipes in the future .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Here is my entry: Roasted Jalapeño Avocado Cheeseburger.

My plan was to get photos throughout the cook but I kind of had too much going on and spaced out on the photos. I really don't know how you guys manage to get such great photos and a great cook at the same time!
The burgers did turn out very good and tasty.

May The Smoke Be With You!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Some towering, teetering burgers, done on some really nice kettles gang !!!

My photo / camera / input to computer thing is temporarily goofed, so I just did bone-in burgers (ribs) & called it good................. 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"