Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Old Weber Rotisserie....or not??  (Read 1927 times)

tb6844

• Smokey Joe
Old Weber Rotisserie....or not??
« on: August 21, 2015, 05:08:22 AM »
This rotisserie came with a 22" Thumbscrew Avocado I picked up last weekend (not pictured, obviously).  I assumed it was a Weber, but after getting it home and taking a look, I'm not so sure.  It has no Weber markings on it, the motor is a Brevel.  It definitely looks old, I would guess approximately the same vintage as the kettle.  The motor has a rotary type switch and the electrical plug is ungrounded and unpolarized.  The tabs on the ring itself are rounded. 

I did a couple searches and found plenty of threads regarding rotisseries, but nothing that definitively told me if this was a Weber or the age.  Anyone got any ideas?

I was thinking I'd probably sell it to offset the cost of the kettle, but the more I read up on rotisserie cooking the more I think I'm going to keep it and play with it...

SixZeroFour

Re: Old Weber Rotisserie....or not??
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 05:38:27 AM »
That is definitely a Weber! ... The ring at least. Looks like an aftermarket motor but who cares! It's the older "vintage" model so it has a couple tiny differences but it's legit! 8) congrats!!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

mwmac

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 06:20:06 AM »
Agree with Matt...here is a link to an old ebay listing that I referenced in a prior thread http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-weber-kettle-rotisserie-brand-new-RA-22-60s-70s-/321816029977?hash=item4aedbaeb19&rmvSB=true

If this is a true nib rotisserie, the Brevel motor was as issued back in the day.  The bonus rotisserie I got off CL came with the same motor you describe and it is the same as in the above CL listing.  I don't believe in triple coincidences...so my .02 is Weber issued rotisseries with Brevel-branded motors at this time frame....
22.5 WSM AH; RedSSP EE; Redhead EE; 26"C; 26" DE; WGA;Black MBH B; Outrider N.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 06:37:16 AM »
Got a roti ring that came with my 1968 26er...no motor though. But for size difference your ring looks just like mine.

I'd keep that and use it. You may have to find a new motor and it having no grooves for the skewer to slide into is a pain in the arse.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

tb6844

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 02:01:21 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it!  Not a bad score.