Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Great new use for the WSM charcoal ring  (Read 1351 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
Great new use for the WSM charcoal ring
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »
While working out in the yard today, I discovered a great new use for the WSM charcoal ring, for those of you that have a WSM, this may be a great benefit to you. I have several small tree stumps throughout my yard that I have been wanting to eliminate for a long time now. I can't run the lawnmower over the small stumps because the blade will obviously hit them and do damage to my mower.

So, I decided to burn the old stumps out by using my WSM charcoal ring and some Kingsford Blue.  I set my WSM charcoal ring down on the ground with the old stump in the middle of the ring and poured a whole lit chimney into the ring. The Kingsford Blue burned the stump right down to the dirt, completely eliminating it. 

Keep in mind that this will only work on small stumps that a WSM charcoal ring will fit around, but it works extremely well. Although I have never tried it, if you have a big stump to remove, you may be able to set the ring on top of the stump and start burning a hole right down through the center of it? Just thought I'd pass along this great tip. It worked well for me.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Great new use for the WSM charcoal ring
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:00:26 PM »
Hilarious! I may try this when removing some shrubs I'd like to get rid of. Good idea and way to go blending Weberitis into yard work.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 05:55:30 AM »
Haha great idea - just don't set your yards on fire people! ;D
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 08:23:46 AM »
Haha great idea - just don't set your yards on fire people! ;D

Actually, that is the beauty of using the charcoal ring - it contains the hot charcoal so embers don't scatter and blow away and set your yard on fire. I put a large flat patio brick on top of my charcoal ring to keep if further contained. It really worked fantastic!
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"