Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Photos I'd love to see  (Read 3996 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Photos I'd love to see
« on: June 02, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »
Of all the great kettle photos posted over the years, and of all the vintage catalogs scanned and shared, there are a few shots I've never seen that I'd love to see. Some of these I know we can do, others may be a challenge. Let's put our collective creative energy into making these happen:

1. An on-the-water series of the Galley-Que in action on the stern of a fine boat. (Several in members hands.)
2. An action shot of the fireplace kettle in it's intended cooking location. (We know of at least one in existence.)
3. A penthouse grill serving up a fine meal from the top of a 60s-vintage high-rise. (Not sure if one has ever been confirmed.)
4. An actual wishing well kettle in an actual backyard. (Was one actually ever built?)
5. A Barrel-Que in full heat. (Ditto above)
6. How about a three-generation shot? I love the idea of a father/son memory over a hot kettle, but let's get another generation in the mix.
7. Why not a photo of you (or someone you know) standing with/cooking on your(their) birth-year kettle? (I'll need to borrow   a '56 for that one.)
8. Recreate any Weber catalog cover with as many vintage kettles and accessories as needed. (@Jeff - I'm outing you on this one.)

Plenty of cool shots to keep you busy this summer. (The Summer of WKC!) What do you want to see?

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Photos I'd love to see
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 12:51:37 PM »
I have everything needed to re-create those vintage Weber catalog covers except a time period wardrobe. Time to set it up and stage it takes big effort too. It's still in the plans! I'll work on the Galley Que ones as well!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Jeep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 01:11:53 PM »
What is this wishing well kettle or barrel-Que that you speak of?
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 01:12:35 PM »
I've got a 78 Chocolate I can do my "birth year" one with. I need to find a dark brown leisure suit and some white shoes.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 01:13:36 PM »
great idea Marty!

I finally got my birth year kettle, and in my favorite color too!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Photos I'd love to see
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 01:16:59 PM »

The Wishing Well is supposed to have been offered in 1966 though it is unconfirmed whether or not they went into regular production.

The Barrel Bar B Q was made and available in the 1972 and 1973 catalogs. Not offered in 1974 or later. Supposedly one of these were to be featured at a trade show in 1972 and somebody leaned on it and it collapsed. My understanding is that George Stephen was not happy about that. Supposedly there is at least one of these out there. Not sure who or if they are on any of the BBQ sites or not.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:20:02 PM by Craig »

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 01:50:31 PM »
Barrel Bar B Q is in Metro Atlanta...

The Wishing Well is supposed to have been offered in 1966 though it is unconfirmed whether or not they went into regular production.

The Barrel Bar B Q was made and available in the 1972 and 1973 catalogs. Not offered in 1974 or later. Supposedly one of these were to be featured at a trade show in 1972 and somebody leaned on it and it collapsed. My understanding is that George Stephen was not happy about that. Supposedly there is at least one of these out there. Not sure who or if they are on any of the BBQ sites or not.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 04:50:57 PM »
Alright, I need someone to spot me my birth year kettle, a '78 red would work, and then I can recreate the photo that came with my weber table cloth.

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 07:50:25 PM »
I may be able to do #6.  Both my mother and father owned Webers in the 70's and I have owned a Weber(s) since 1995.  My son who is now 14 is a great cook and has helped me for years.  I will try to get a 3 gen shot sometime this summer.
EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 01:15:04 AM »
LOL, too bad that wishing well wasn't a '67, I can just hear my wife now, "What the hell is that??"  "It's my birth year kettle, of course!"

chefn58

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 01:27:10 AM »
I've used the birth year excuse on 2 kettles so far...."B" code for me.

You guys never cease to amaze me!  More reasons for more kettles!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Searching for a Blue 18" MBH

chefn58

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 05:52:41 AM »
Barrel Bar B Q is in Metro Atlanta...

Let's see some pictures then!!!
Searching for a Blue 18" MBH

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 06:30:12 AM »
I've used the birth year excuse on 2 kettles so far...."B" code for me.

You guys never cease to amaze me!  More reasons for more kettles!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait 'till you get to the "Kettles for no reason at all" stage................ 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 08:55:55 PM »
 :) @1buckie lol. Wife just said that today. I said she has mulitables of things she never uses anymore, like shoes and dresses...so she said she would get rid of some of them. I said thanks but I can't fit a grill in the your closet ;D
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

jimmy_dong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 04:25:57 PM »
what i wouldnt do for a wishing well.

the list is short.

man. want.