Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicago Meetup - 2015  (Read 43598 times)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Chicago Meetup - 2015
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2015, 06:59:39 AM »
Forecast for Saturday, Sunny and high of 90.  Sandwiched between days (Fri and Sunday) where scattered showers are in order.

Lets hope for dry weather.  That's the most important part.  We have been saturated in our area since late May - early June.  Brian has an awesome deck, yard, and covered seating area that is perfect for large gatherings.  He's got a big pool too!  Might need it if its going to be as hot as the forecast says!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2015, 09:24:15 AM »
SO I told the wife one of the necessaries is that we go and eat at a Weber Grills Restaurant.  I have been to Chicago before and eaten at various location like Michael Jordon's place, what should I know about eating @ Weber Grills. we plan to go to the one on the  north side in Schaumburg.

Talk to me, are there any weber storefront locations that I can go to (like a kid in a candy store).
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2015, 09:27:53 AM »
SO I told the wife one of the necessaries is that we go and eat at a Weber Grills Restaurant.  I have been to Chicago before and eaten at various location like Michael Jordon's place, what should I know about eating @ Weber Grills. we plan to go to the one on the  north side in Schaumburg.

Talk to me, are there any weber storefront locations that I can go to (like a kid in a candy store).

@chefn58

chefn58

• WKC Brave
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2015, 01:21:02 PM »
@Jeff @LightningBoldtz

Storefront locations...No.  There is the one downtown that is extremely busy.  One out in Lombard, Il, a southwest suburb and the one in Schaumburg that you mentioned. 

Schaumburg and Lombard are both nice restaurants.  Lombard has a few more vintage grills than the Schaumburg one, but nothing as nice as you'll see on Saturday. 

If you go to the one in Schaumburg you may be able to get a tour of the place.  I think we may know someone there.....
Searching for a Blue 18" MBH

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2015, 01:38:54 PM »
@Jeff @LightningBoldtz

If you go to the one in Schaumburg you may be able to get a tour of the place.  I think we may know someone there.....

:)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2015, 07:56:41 PM »
As a reminder to those of you attending, please check the initial post in this thread for the most up to date info on who's scheduled to come and what they will be bringing (food related). 
I've also included Brian's address.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2015, 08:55:33 PM »
I'm so excited,  and I just can't hide it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2015, 06:50:13 PM »
Shoestringshop and wife will be there. Sliders and some salad.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2015, 03:34:09 AM »
With Shoestringshop bringing sliders that helps me get off the fence (burgers or brats.) Brats it is then! Maybe I'll demo my technique for leg quarters on the 26 since they're on sale for 39¢/lb.
kettles, smokers...

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2015, 06:57:07 AM »
@LightningBoldtz are you looking for a well stocked ACE or hardware store?  I guess that would be a storefront location.....Is that what you mean?
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2015, 07:11:01 AM »
@LightningBoldtz are you looking for a well stocked ACE or hardware store?  I guess that would be a storefront location.....Is that what you mean?

@zavod44 I was wondering if they had any Weber storefronts in the area but a well stocked Ace would also do..
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2015, 07:14:47 AM »
Maybe some of the guys in the area know of some.  There is no Weber retail stores.  There is an Ace up in Libertyville that has a lot of stuff, I dint think you'll be in that area thought.  Does anyone know of a hardware store that has a huge selection?
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2015, 07:28:58 AM »
The Ace Hardware in the town of Addison on Lake St and Addison Rd is MASSIVE

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2015, 07:44:17 AM »
thanks guys

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2015, 08:33:13 AM »
The newly expanded parts counter at Weber HQ is open from 9 to Noon on Saturday. It's 27.2 miles from Brian's house. 200 E Daniels Rd, Palatine, IL  60067.

Last time I stopped in I bought three warming racks for $10 each! One will be given away at the meetup. They have all kind of cool stuff you won't see anywhere else! It's basically a Weber only retail playground!