Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Estate sale find, 18 WSM mystery date, HELP  (Read 7408 times)

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
Re: Estate sale find, 18 WSM mystery date, HELP
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2015, 07:29:42 PM »
Very nice score.  The racks and the WSM look perfect.  What did you pay ?
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

Craig

• WKC Mod
Estate sale find, 18 WSM mystery date, HELP
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 07:40:48 PM »
I think my E code 1880 has the pointy vent holes. @mike.stavlund @harris92 what shape are yours? I'm not home for a few days so I can't check. @Craig, what years did they have this kind of wood handle? My wood handle Had much less grain with a different stain. My door also looks similar. It's a heavier gauge stainless? type with satin finish. It also doesn't have the orange peel common on late 70's webers.

The single screw handles started phasing in during C and C(D) code (1981-82) the earliest single screw handles said "WEBER THE ONE THE ONLY" until around 1983 when they switched to the thicker handle style with the double lines/WEBER kettle logo in the original post.

I also notice that some of daisy vents do not have the the "Y" shapes raised lines on them indicative of the early wide tab 18 vents seen on late 70s-90s kettles and WSMs. This looks like it could be from the mid to late 80s or early 90s.

The handle looks like the "1985" handle on TVWB site. "Teak"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:46:12 PM by Craig »

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 07:44:22 PM »

I'm going to guess its an A

I had a smokey joe where 3 of the vents weren't stamped, but one of them was. It was A.

If this were an A code, the handle would be a double rivet style.

Oh and I forgot to say that this is a sweet looking WSM! Congrats on the score!

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2015, 12:34:13 AM »
Java, I'm almost embarrassed to say how much I paid. It was marked $55. I had emailed the company running the sale to day before asking about the smoker because the sale was marked "PRESELLING". I never heard back but when I got there 1st thing Thursday morning the guy running the sale asked me if I was the one who had contacted them earlier. I said yes, he said I'll let you have it for $45...I couldn't get it upstairs fast enough...lol    8)   
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 01:25:49 AM by Scott Zee »
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

chefn58

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 03:37:39 AM »
Java, I'm almost embarrassed to say how much I paid. It was marked $55. I had emailed the company running the sale to day before asking about the smoker because the sale was marked "PRESELLING". I never heard back but when I got there 1st thing Thursday morning the guy running the sale asked me if I was the one who had contacted them earlier. I said yes, he said I'll let you have it for $45...I couldn't get it upstairs fast enough...lol    8)

Nice job not tripping over your own feet running the hell out of there!

Searching for a Blue 18" MBH