Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Would it be possible to put a new Performer lid bail on a new MasterTouch?  (Read 1996 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
From the looks of it, the lid bail on the new MasterTouch is more similar to that of the pre-2015 Performers, opening at less than a 90 degree angle. It may not matter because the MasterTouch doesn't have a table so access might not be an issue, but has anyone considered this? Would the legs be able to support the grill if the wider lid bail was installed?

SixZeroFour

More than likely it would work but I don't think anyone has tried it yet. :)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Troy

• Statesman
i don't think I would risk it.

3 legged kettles are already prone to tipping in the wind with the lid bail.
the new lid bail changes the center of gravity even more AND serves as a more effective 'sail'

the only thing worse would be adding one of those hinges

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
^ agreed

I mentioned something about this a while back. The thing is, you're tipping the lid straight back, and access isn't a problem as-is, and remains a little easier to then close when angled slightly down.

Let sleeping dogs lie, IMO.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
I agree with Troy and ATS, the issue with the performer old style is you are sideways to the lid, with a master-touch you are usually at the opposite and access to food is usually not an issue.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
I wish Weber had a better hanging solution.  A rail lower on the outside that was easy to hit while hot.  Sometimes the ground is the safer option.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:07:05 PM by blksabbath »

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
 I'm of the opinion that if you want a more upright position, then you could always put one of your slightly used 25lb weight plates on the leading edge of your triangle for a little added stability, no ...    ;D
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
@austin87 If you want to order the bale We can try installing it on one of my MT's.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Just Do It!!!
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution