Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: FireQube by GrillEasy  (Read 2644 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
FireQube by GrillEasy
« on: April 30, 2015, 07:12:16 PM »
G$ gave me one of these FireQubes last month and asked me to try it and let him know what I thought. I am not sure where he got it, but here is their link: http://www.grill-easy.com

THis is the review that I sent to Gerd:

I used this the other evening. It lit easily and the coals were ready in less then 15 minutes. The lump charcoal appeared to be of good quality with no strong odor or excessive sparking.
I was able to obtain a grate Temperature as high as 450F. I still had over 300F after an hour.

Lighting

5 minutes.

10 minutes.

Coals ready at 15 minutes.

I found this product to work as advertised on the packaging. It lit right up and was ready to cook quickly. I DID NOT like the amount of loose ash that was left behind from the cardboard. I was not able to get this ash out of my kettle and it flew around every time that I opened the lid. Many people would find the amount of ash left on the food unappetizing.

The product would probably work in a fire ring or an open picnic area grill where the ash would have an opportunity to blow away. I would not recommend it for cooking in an enclosed Weber kettle.

-JC
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Troy

• Statesman
Re: FireQube by GrillEasy
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 11:25:55 PM »
Very cool, thanks for the thorough review.

There's a few brands of these types of things out now, even one by CoShell and Bic.

I've used the kingsford matchlight where you just light the bag. It was ok for the beach I guess.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 05:53:55 AM »
Flying hot paper ash is not good at my place, can you say brush fire! Thanks JC for the review.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 12:09:25 PM »
Cool item. Glad you mentioned the ash, I saw it in a couple photos and thought "not on my food"!

Thanks for the review.

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 12:28:39 PM »
Now that's "Party in a Box"
Look @ all the Confetti!!
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 03:01:22 PM »
Thanks for posting this @jcnaz  !

The fireQube guys sen this to me last year and I have been remiss in testing it.  They are good guys!  But as I said last year, I don't think 'we' are the target market for this type of product.  I could see it in the shops/liquor stores on along Mission Beach for example, but not sure that is enough of a market.  Dunno.

Thanks again for testing it out for us.