Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken for the Team  (Read 1105 times)

polishmartin

• WKC Brave
Chicken for the Team
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:57:36 AM »
Hey Everyone!

Chicago weather is finally in the 50's/60's, and you know that means more grillin and chillin.  Was in a good mood, so decided to cook up some halved chickens for the co-workers at ACE Hardware Headquarters.  We're a tight knit group, and everyone loves BBQ, so why not treat them, right?

OK, so here we go - got 4 - 4lb Purdue chickens halved up, and dusted with Weber's Beer Can Chicken Seasoning, along with Paprika for color:

The staging area in the garage, just built that work bench and it's been very useful:

Split the cook up between an older OTG, and my newly unboxed $75 Performer Gold (recent Home Depot Sale):

Kids were outside playing, and my little boy was helping with the Youkon Golds.  Needs to upgrade to charcoal for sure.

About to go on, indirect  - 425 to start, used apple and pecan.  Brewski tasting delicious:

Loving the color:

I sauced them the last 15 minutes, using some cheap Kraft sauce (not bad), and finally plated:

Got everything setup before the guys came down. I'm definitely stealing the cafeteria's profits today:

Everyone enjoyed the chicken, and as people passed by our table, everyone kept asking where did you get that? LOL - the former chef used a Ranch kettle for some of his meals, but as he went, so did the Kettle.  I know cuz I asked if I could buy it.

Thanks for lookin guys!  Have a great weekend!

Martin
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:02:28 AM by polishmartin »

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Chicken for the Team
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 09:44:26 AM »
BBQ chicken halves are one of my all-time favourites.  Yours look outstanding!  Nice work. :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:35:20 AM »
Those look great, way to feed a crowd!

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 01:46:01 PM »
nice cook
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 01:50:11 PM »
Tasty looking chicken!!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »
That looks awesome! ;D

"...using some cheap Kraft sauce..."

I have only found a few bottled sauces that are memorable to me, and those are usually too spicy for the family. :'(
When I am just looking for a sweet/smokey/tangy sauce the one that is on sale always seems to work great! ;)
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 07:21:56 AM »
Chicken looks great!