Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Silver - Code ER  (Read 1157 times)

Aaron Farr

Weber Silver - Code ER
« on: January 03, 2015, 12:20:55 AM »
Happy New Year from New Zealand! I picked myself up a small gift just before Christmas it is a Weber Silver code ER. Just a question it is the first one I had seen that didn't have the tube inserts for legs, it goes straight into the bottom bowl and on the inside there is a nut and washer at the top of each leg? The reason I noticed it on trademe (Nz answer to ebay) is that in the pictures there was a corn n tater ring, the bidding hit $50 ($35 US). I would have paid that for the ring, as this model is from 1996 were weber still selling the ring in that year? Last but not least when I brought it home and put it next to my brand new silver I couldn't believe how much shorter and shallow it was in comparison.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Silver - Code ER
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 05:03:46 AM »
My guess is that you probably have one of these that were discussed in the following thread:
Read @Hogsy 's comment near the bottom of Page 1.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/22-5'-jumbo-joe-walmart-exclusive/

Nice score on the corn 'n' tater ring.  :D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:05:18 AM by MacEggs »
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Silver - Code ER
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 10:29:13 AM »
Yep sounds like a compact :'(
Does it have the one touch system or a single vent at the base of the bowl?
Congrats on the CnT ring, I don't think weber was making them in the 90's but there were a couple of other companies making them to fit a kettle
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution